Opening Day Results??

How did everyone do opening morning? Went to Sodus Bay for the first time and casted for Pike from 6:45 until 11:30 and caught one 28 incher and a 16 inch large mouth. I usually go to the North End of Cayuga Lake and I should have stuck with it. My other half of the family fished the north end there and one caught 14 pike and the other 13 pike. Two of them over 30 inches and most of them low to mid 20's......Just got a message from my 9 year old nephew and he just netted his 4th pike in 10 casts at Cayuga......Why did I try somewhere else...........

Conesus Lake was a little slow for northern pike & tiger muskies.But I did get on the water for the day and trolled up one 24" northern pike.Then I got to look on as Bob Soley caught a nice fat 38" northern pike casting a spinner.I motored over just incase he needed help,got to take the pictures for him,I hope they came out ok!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Had to work so got there late afternoon.Talked with zack for a minute or two(i was trolling in no mans land :lol: )mid lake and headed north following gus and wendy but descided to hit east side.Trolled for a spell and passed larry around mcphearson.Descided to cast a favorite spot(was in there earlier when i first arrived but junk on top made it difficult to cast-blew out later) and hooked into a fat-n-sassy 38 on a musky killer.It was pretty cool watching as he came up from behind and engulfed it.I WAS NOT PREPARRED :o .Net was a chore to extend while holding rod under my arm while trying desperatley to release the buttom(2 of them) on the handle.It was a site and larry was too far away at that point.Got er in and larry took some pics for me -thanks.Very happy with the one fish,glad i got out.

sol

azW3i.jpg

nothing trolling- got a 39" (not the same one as bobs) northern casting a softtailed phantom up shallow in the north end. moved alot of fish w/ that jerkbait and almost got a small tiger on the 8. that fish was hot but i scared it away being so ugly, he looked up at me and said c-ya (i forget to shave this week). the northern earned alot of respect w/ me. i was thinking that it was bigger than almost 1/2 of my muskies last year :lol: i made a mistake and tried to hand land it even though i had the net right there. got all cut up as it shook lifting it outta the water and decided to get going as my hand was bleeding pretty good. i think i am getting back to my roots as a caster and hope to cast most of this year. so... only 2 northerns (one good one though) and saw 4-5 tigers that followed the jerkbait and lost one fish before i saw it. you know when they hit after only one or two twitches at the end of a cast. the only thing i saw fish on was that phantom. used everything, but the phantom ruled for the 3 hours i was there. those weeds in 7 fow were hot. only fished them for one drift and had all those follows before i packed up w/ a shredded hand. i will use my net next time, i just HATE unraveling the net from the hooks. did i mention i hate untangling hooks from nets! bob when i fish alone the net is always extended for those same reasons u found out (chinese fire drill). happy to get out! bty never use phantoms, they are a complete waste of time ;) but don't ask for any of mine.

boated 4 eyes Sat 7-9 lbs, lost 4 at the net soft bitters, 2 browns, 2 northerns, 4 bass, and Sun 4 northerns 1 eye 11 lbs, needed more of a chop but not a bad weekend, Sat was a blast 3 sets of doubles.