genesee

FREEMAN77

well I worked last night so I did not get up till about 8 am then got the boat loaded and texted the guy that was going to go with me after turkey huntting he could not go :@ then thats when the little lady steped right up and happily said " I will go" :yes:. so we got her all ready and got her fishing tag by this time it was about 12:30 we were on our way to the launch and I forgot her life jacket lol :lol: so back to the house we went then we were on our way yet again got the boat in the water by 1:15 and fished for about 3 hours eneded the day with 2 keeper walleye and missed two others trolling rapalas and I also missed two nice hits jigging. it was such a nice opener. if the thunder holds off I will be back at it tomorrow alittle more in the am hours lol :lol: I will post when I get back good luck to all.

those walleyes in there are fun- but i would never eat one. :no: nasty genny water! :no: go to onieda to stock the freezer before u grow another eye on your forehead or just glow in the dark and start talking slower from these contaminated fish. have to be the most toxic walleyes in the state and the bigger they are the more toxic they become. be careful eating any genny fish but they sure are fun. big baits catch those big walleyes. i have seen some monsters in there over the past 20 years i have been fishing down there. nice job catching them, just makes me sick thinking about eating even one- two is ever nastier.

nd_JJ.jpg i think the genny is better walleye fishing than oswego which is sooooo famous but lets keep that quiet like we all have that fish it for the last 2 decades. i bet u didn't see more than one or two other boats fishing when u were down there. lets keep it that way. nice job catching them. if you want any of my info for down there pm me. in my opinion, MARRY her ( your girlfriend ) she really came through for you and went most likely just for you! good woman! she do any good fishing? see any beavers, turkey, deer or eagles on your trip up the genny? awesome place to fish considering that gang shoot-outs, hookers and crackheads are only just up over that cliff in downtown roc- city. its like a hidden gem in the dirtiest part of rochester. nice job again! thinking back i have logged by far the most fishing hours in the lower genesee than anywhere else i fish.

well I do agree with you about eating them fish in the lower genny but......you get south of rochester and its not all that bad ;) and yes we are due to be married in aug she is a keeper always wants to fish and she is even going to try and shoot some ducks and pheasants this year with me :yes:. we went out again today a little before 10 and trolled for a couple hours only got 2 giant rock bass well trolling but did manage to jig one up just before we left on a whit 3" mister twister tiped with worm. I have only tried up on the lower genny one time and only fished for 3 hours after not even a hit we went to the south part of the genny and limmited out with in 2 hours jigging it is really hit or miss there.

• 3 weeks later...

fished last night- one pike, one smallmouth-6 largest walleyes weighed over 30lbs total (5lb average)- gave them to a guy at work who is needs all the help he can get right now. total- 11 eyes boated- 3 lost only 1 under 18". so long-

both. i live right next to black creek, where the genny meets it but grew up in irondequiot so i have been lucky and have been able to fish both but prefer the "seasonal" fishing of lake run fish in the lower. i have fished the genny from wellesville to the lake. i once took a float trip on the upper and it was so much fun. trout in the shallows and smallies in the deep holes. would recommend that float trip to everyone.

they are working back out of the lower river now- bigguns are headed back to the lake if they aren't there already and smaller fish will hang around the lower until later july sometime- jigs, cranks, worm harnesses... so anywhere right now in the lower, sorry but they are spread out at this time, earlier in the season they bunch up real good. if the water is brown turn around... if the water is green the fish are eating and mean. water color means alot on this river. was out tuesday on the upper. put in at black creek and went up to oatka and did my limit and put 3 shorties back in a quick evening trip. all on straight raps 120'-150' back.

went out today for a few hours the river was fast and muddy started out jigging and could not buy a hit. the visibility was only maybe a foot or less so we started trolling with some rattling deep divers and did manage to pick up 2 fish both came down by 390 over pass had a a nice 20+ incher at the boat and lost it and then got a 16" in the boat. all in all was a nice day after the rain passed.