cayuga lilacs=perch

The lilacs were blooming and true to form I had my first good perch day. Fished around meyers. Took some lookin, but I found them in 10' and did about 30. All about 10" with one blue one with white fins. I usually get one or two of them a year. So it's time to sharpen the fillet knife, and stock the freezer :yes:

After reading a couple of your posts decided to give Myers a try. Long hall from Palmyra but turned out to be worth it. Ended up with 51 keepers. Looked for half the day,finally got into them just north of Myers. Will most likely make the trip again. Should be easier this time as we know where the bait shop and boat launch are.

Nothing better than perch, well maybe walleye.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a little harder to find quality fish but yesterday was awesome. Me and my buddy easilly got our limits plus some big bullhead and some nice smallies. My buddy got a big spawner off the nest right next to the boat. After all that catching and cleaning I can't pick up my coffee cup this morning. :yes:

Just wondering do you use the "spoon" method to clean yours ? If not you may want to give it a try. My (passed away now) old fishing buddy showed me this with his grandson. Those two could go thru a pile of sunnies/crappie/perch in half the time it would have taken me with my normal method.

• 2 weeks later...

you obviously have the perch thing down, question? I have heard reports of guys trolling mini flashers (2"-3" with some sort of trailer) and catching perch in Canandaigua Lake. Have you ever tried this or talked to anybody doing it? I used to slow troll with an electric trolling motor for crappie with micro jigs many years ago.

Perch Predator,

Are you still fishing the Myers area? How deep have they moved? I'd like to take my grand kids up to try and catch a few. Years ago, I caught them south of Milliken, and across the lake from Myers, but most were less than 10".

Thanks.

flx I havn't tried that but I have heard of it. It would probably work well now because they're starting to suspend out deeper. Tioga any creek mouth mid lake i.e. meyers, t-falls, portland are all producing, but they're between 30-50 fow with some nice chunks. Good luck to all ,I left you a few.

• 1 month later...