Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 30-50

Lure Depth: 24-50

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took all the fish before 7 and only took one hit after that that got off. Biggest brown at 8lbs. Atlantic was around 5. Bait was starting to move out to 30' range as we were getting done. Hopefully this will start to pull more browns out of the shallows. Pleanty of marks out deeper 70-120 but couldn't move a rod. Not sure what they are, but there are a ton 50' and down. tried fishing these a week ago and no luck. Best bait were spoons in black/glow, and black /yellow.

We fished shallow during the late morning with only 1 brown to show for it. Been fishing the area for over 10 years and the last 2 have been very slow. Granted there was little flow from the creeks and stained water was hard to find but it was a real struggle. Wonder how much of an effect that the easy meals provided by gobys is having.

The channel there is simple. Straight at or away from the dock. Been going out of there for years and the last 5 with a 27'er and it hasn't let me down yet. I do see at least a boat a year on the rocks though. The last few hears have been good early, but drop after the middle of april in shallow. They are still there, but they get a lot of traffic all week along the shore from bear to the plant from the pville charter guys. Pressure pushes them deeper or into the bouyed area around gina.

It never ceases to amaze me on all the information i glean from this site. I always wondered whyit was so hard to find fish off Bear Creek. Still seeing the big boats going by. Now i know. I wonder if Sodus would be a better place to fish.