Giant Crappies(pictures)

big-o

very good friend from Nova scotia is down for a few weeks on bussness,in the toronto area, he made the trip down do do a little Gar,Carp or crappie fishing,the weather was no good for Gar, but great for Crappie.I arrived at RJs place a 7 hooked RJ's boat to my truck and headsed for our favorite crappie lake. Again this weekend we were looking for deep weeds(10 to 15 feet)we had not takers at all where we found them the weekend before,so we went into search mode.Mark was picking off Bass left and right in the deep weeds,the biggest was 5.8 pounds,caught on a ultra light set up with 4 pound test line :o ,a quik picture and it was released back into the deep

Markus 5.8 pounds

marks58poundlargie.jpg

RJ was the first to pick up a crappie a monster slab coming in at 14 inches with a girth over 12 inches

rjslabmay1.jpg

all the fish we caught were 13 iches and above, we kept a few for Markus to take back to Nova Scotia with him here are a few othewr shots

My self pair 14 inchers

14inchCrappiePhil.jpg

RJ with a pair of dinner plates

14ichcrappieRJ.jpg

Markus with a pair of 14 inchers

14ichcrappieMarkus.jpg

A group shot(so you'll know were not holding up the same fish :D )

109_0035-1-1.jpg

we kept about 15 for Markus to take home the rest were released to grow to 15 inches,our Crappie season is winding down... Pike will be opening soon as will our inland lakers ,I'm realy looking forward to the opening of Lakers this year,we don't troll for them we jig them in deep water... what a blast

Hi Panfisher, we are fishing in the Rideau system in Canada

Newboro,Indian,Clear,Benson,Mosquito, please tell me I'm thinking the right area. I fish there every year but have never seen SLABS like that!

Hi Panfisher, we are fishing in the Rideau system in Canada

Newboro,Indian,Clear,Benson,Mosquito, please tell me I'm thinking the right area. I fish there every year but have never seen SLABS like that!

yep thats the lakes we fish :yes: we have been exploring these lakes for better part of 20 years,the fish are getting bigger,I think its because these big girls are hard to find...keep at it Lund SSS you will find them

Hey Steve,

I seem to recall from two years ago that we were hitting some great big slabs on Senkos fishing the reefs for bass...I bet time of the year has a lot to do with it. Nice fish, guys!!

Gator