Seneca 5-7-2010

Buddies came up for southern Pa. and Hoot we fished east side from 1.5 miles below Lodi Point to even with Samson. Went 11 for 17 biggest was a tad over 26". Talked to Jason a little bit they were into bigger fish. The same SD with the Vib fly was the best and worst it did the most fish but also was the one that lost all the hook ups. Think I'll re-tie it and put my own hooks on it. The next was a dodger peanut , then a M stiger alweif spoon. 100' down , 110' down and 130' down. 5 to 10' back on the sd , 15' back on the dodger and 30' back on the spoon. Lots of junk in the water so keep a eye open when running WOT. Oh all Lakers.

i fish the west side of seneca and went 8 for 12....we caught one 9 1/2lber...couple of 8 lbers and few 6lber......but the one we lost at the back of the boat was pushing 12 plus....fruity frostiscle and dingleberry were the only 2 flys i could get going...did manage to get a bite on warrior spoon

Zebedee,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but we lost power at camp for over 20 hours after that crazy storm went thru and I just got back home here in Pa. a few hours ago.

Now my depth for one fish on a bare spoon was 110' after every thing just shut down for awhile and Jason gave me a shout that he picked some up with a deep bare spoon , ALL the other fish were also off the riggers with either the dodger peanut rig or spinny and BW vib fly. I'll also say this I never went in lest 85' FOW looking and was on the east side the whole time. Most of the time we were out there we were working 100' to 125'. Now with that said there are in MHO two strains of lakers in Seneca those that you can seem to always pick up deep and those that will go in after the bait no matter where it is. No Clue was up last weekend jigging (sorry for that dirty word) and did very good from 60' to 80' , I've heard this from him many times I'll be out deeper 10' to 20' or more doing ok and he's doing very good in the skinner water.

Haven't been out on Seneca this year yet but it sounds like they must be deep yet from your spoon depths.

Thanks everyone for stopping by now I will not have to hear Ole Ray K razzziiinnnggg me about talking to me self................. :lol: ................did anyone see that "fire in the sky" Friday , sorry Jason but some reason could not get you back on the 68 again or the phone. .............. that is the thrid one I have seem two time here on Seneca and once on Lake George.

nice job,, i have been holding my own up on the big O... went last week for three days,, but could only get out one,,we had 10-12 lb walleye, 7 lb brown 15 lb drum 8 differnt northerns,, 8 or so really big perch,, not to bad for first run up there ... taken wifei with me this weekend,,hope for the weather,,and more than 1 walleye

Thanks for the heads up Ed. I put a remanufactured engine in Zebedee this last fall and just got the lower unit back on. I can't get her to fire yet but I'm close! The fuel pump is mechanical and I probably should of primed the hoses, Fuel/water seperator etc.

Going to check it out tomorrow for Gas and check the plugs one by one for spark. Won't be long now. I do have a 14 ft rowboat rigged with some manual cannons as a backup but it just isn't the same! Posts like yours will give me a place to start when I'm finally ready.

I'm not crazy about those deep lakers because of the blowback on the cables but you do what you have to do! I did pick up some 15# weights but haven't tried them on my old Mag 10's yet. Not sure they'll even move them.

Tight lines to ya!

Zebedee , I have three rods for deep fish rigged with 40 to 50' of 30# Ande then Tiger Braid and backing also went to 125# test downrigger cable on two of the riggers. Helps alot with blow back, let me know how you make out with those 15# weights. I have Mag 10a' and a Diggie (sp) Troll.