If you made the Spring 2010 LOC derby board PLEASE post here

Team Bouck did our annual trip to Olcott this year and had a banner spring derby. We finished 9th in the salmon division with a 26#7oz king. We spent one day at the bar and had some good luck but by far our biggest fish came in front of Olcott. Spin docs and siggs flys were killing good fish for us. All in all we put four salmon on the board although three of them got bumped :( Congrats to everyone who placed. There were some beautiful fish caught during the spring derby!! Hopefully this means this summer and fall are going to be insane!!

ezupJ.jpg

ezzp0.jpg

ezEoi.jpg

Vision Quest put one on the board (12th place).

Friday May 7th, we were in fish cleaning mode in back of the boat with just a 6 rod spread out. Bite had died after NE wind and cold temp. kicked in. Wanted to end the day with "just one more". We were just about to start clearing when....

Dropped rigger deep for the final slide home and it fired. Jim Kocsis, reeled and was into a good one. It sounded deep like a big SHARK will do sometimes. During the battle, I cleared the other 5 rods, Tom kept dicing the fish and Jim was TIED into a good one. Angler and fish at stalemate as we bumbed the boat in-out of gear.

Eventually Tom slid the net over it and "thumped" it on the deck. Good One he says !!

Spin Doctor and A-TOM-MIK Fly (again)

Awesome combination !

Capt. Pete

Thanks again for all of the positive comments. Winning the LOC is the highlight of twenty years of fishing. Team lockdown has already booked a saltwater trip for four to catch some tarpon and grouper. The fishhawk has to be installed on the boats this week. Thank You to the guys who put together a great awards dinner we had a great time.

nDibi.jpg Anthony Mang...Grand prize winner

Nothin' but Net put three mud-chickens on the board, eighth, twelfth, and thirteenth...all caught the first day. The one was near 22 lbs and would have been good to most other derbies, but this was the year of the laker. Jeremy had that monster 27 pounder the same day we caught ours. Kudos!

I know that Pequod and his crew ended up with seventh and ninth place, cause they fished right next to us. Give a guy some advice and he goes out and beats you :D. Hint: I like Newcastle. A tip on the next hot crappie bite at Honeoye would work, too ;)

It was a great first weekend out of the Niagara. We also caught our yearly sturgeon. They're getting bigger: this one was probably ~60 lbs. Too bad things were squelched by the weather the second weekend.

9th place Steelhead off I-Bay. Silver glow green on full leadcore in 150 fow. One of these years it will actually be my name on a derby fish....

What a group of monster fish that were caught this year in the west end.... just awesome.... great job to everyone!

Had the wonderful experience of boating the 32lb 1st place King, for my customer and friend Dave Resetarits. If one thing jumps out, he fought it so long one of the crew members went back to reading the paper during the battle! We literally stared at the fish for an unusually long time as it lay on the deck. It was just so beautiful, shining right down to the tail. Incredibly thick, it was 42" long.

The Chinny blasted a double crush/white spin doctor with a mirage ATOMIK fly, at 70'. It did not run far, but it seemed to have unlimited stamina and short runs available.

We gathered our wits, and broke free from the mesmorizing sight of it as it lay there. Put it on the digital and knew we had to "run it in". Was actually relieved that it was 14oz lighter than the leader, and not an oz, as it bled in the cooler.

Man, this lake amazes me. We are fishing in "the good ole days" of Lake Ontario right now!

Congrats to Anthony Mang and all the winning crews!