Crappies in the Syracuse area? Any suggestions

ryanrobb52

Taking Monday off to fish and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for Crappies in the Syracuse area. Looking for a few slabs for the fry pan.

i don't know if it's to far for you but cross lake is pretty good.

snupytcb, where and how do you get them on Cross Lake? I've had a camp on the Seneca River coming out of Cross for 7 years, but never caught a legal Crappie on Cross. I know I must not be fishing right, but what suggestions do you have for lures and areas on Cross? And are the Crappies you catch the Black or White? I've heard both are in there.

alot of times we go to the south east end in the cove by the big island. or if you head back toward the reef just past the state ditch. all along that stretch on the left. try jigging with worms. i have also caught some at the north west end.

Ryan,

I know it's a bit of a run but most of the Indian River Lakes are good. I've been having decent luck when weather warms and we have a S-SW wind. Let me know if you whar more information or give me a call.

With this cold weather I'd hold off on the crappies until it warms up again as it will surely put them off. Cold front s always seem to really shut th3m down for a few days.

alot of times we go to the south east end in the cove by the big island. or if you head back toward the reef just past the state ditch. all along that stretch on the left. try jigging with worms. i have also caught some at the north west end.

Well, now I know I haven't been fishing right- that stretch of the river going into the reef is right where my camp is!!! Thanks for the info- I'm going to try harder.

Well, now I know I haven't been fishing right- that stretch of the river going into the reef is right where my camp is!!! Thanks for the info- I'm going to try harder.

also you could go through the ditch towards bvill. there are a couple islands back in. i go on the back side.