Planning first outing of the season tonight. Any word on the evening bite outside of sodus bay? We are limited to dipseys and flatlining, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Planning to head towards maxwell creek in search of anything that will bite.

As of last week, the water near Maxwell Creek was clear and cold. Guys were picking up fish to the east near East Bay, out over deeper water. Check with Jaime at Sodus Point Tackle Shop for the latest info. I'll pm you his number. Good luck!

Got skunked again. Abolutely picture perfect evening except for the fact that the fish weren't cooperating. Tried the first point west of the channel in 30 -120. Marked lots of fish and bait. Had 2 dipseys set with spoons at 100ft and 75 ft on 3 and 2 flatlines out 250ft with sticks. got absolutely nothin. At least I caught a nice tan and a little buz.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Did you have a water temp reading? Last week it was 47-49 degrees and the fish weren't cooperating. I've heard more guys using spoons (NK 28's) and other smaller stuff lately. Again, my fish last week came on a 3 inch flo red spoon with clear fish scale tape over bottom half of the spoon. The other lure that took fish was a northern King NK 28 Chicken Wing color. Hit fish in 12 feet of water and in 45 feet of water. Just keep at it cause if the fish are there you'll hit them eventually. Remember, the spped last week was 2.5 knots as well.