Am I missing any Dealers in WNY?

YodaMage

In my hunt for a new boat I have found dealers Between Jamestown and Sodus/Finger Lake and find dealers for the following in play (Sticking to anyone who makes a glass fishing rig 22' or bigger)

-Robalo

-Sea Fox

-Tidewater

-Striper

-Trophy

-Key West

-Whaler

Am I missing any? In terms of build quality I see:

Top Grade: Whaler

High Mid Grade: Robalo, Key West

Low Mid Grade: Striper, Trophy, Tidewater

Low Grade: Sea Fox

Unfortunately it seems non stock the bigger boats so buying sight unseen is a considerations...sigh. Am I the only person in NY looking to upgrade? :o

Boat sales are exceptionaly bad, right now you can get amazing deals on used boat, boats that are not used much that is. You would be paying dimes on dollars to buy one thats a few years old from they guys I have talked to.

I also do not agree with your "grading" system as in my opinion it is completely subjective. I have an '08 Trophy 2152 and I'm not sure I would consider it "low-mid grade". I also would NEVER, EVER buy a boat sight unseen. You need to sit in a boat, get a feel for layout, look at features for you or your family, etc.

In my opinion, I would NOT recommend the local Rochester area Trophy dealer - instead I would deal with Congel's if you like this boat line.

As far as my Trophy, a few comments on my likes/dislikes of this boat:

Likes: handles rough water very well, can still get an I/O as an engine option, excellent trailerability for a 22' boat, nice gunwale access for rod holders, excellent flooring, nice fishwells, well built extended hardtop, excellent stock canvas enclosure, compatible helm for aftermarket autopilot(s), very solid boat, great fishing boat but also good for family outings.

Dislikes: lots of bow-steer at slow speeds, narrow cockpit in walkaround models, very little rod storage, very poor local (Rochester) dealer support

I'm in my third season with this boat and all in all, I'd give the boat a 9.5/10 rating (.5 deducted for bow steer). However, if I were to do it all over again, I'd look for the same model a year or two old as I think you can get more boat for your dollar....

Good luck,

- Chris

Pugsly in Webster will sell you a boat and so will Bryce marine,although some would rather not buy from him.....

If you can find a Grady White for sale, go for it,they are on par with Boston Whalers

Yeah, If i could find a Grady, Proline, Pursuit..even a Century or Wellcraft coastal kicking around I'd be a happy guy.

No knock on Trophy's, heck I currently have one. I think the tiering I used should be hedged against the fact that I'm using all makers, including "Salty" boats mentally, where most just think of freshwater rigs in the area. Trophy is a solid lake boat, that's why I bought one..but when you start lining up Parker, Judge, Grady, Rampage, Tiara, etc... Everything has to go somewhere. I consider Wellcraft/Parker about middle of the road and work up and down from there. Always subjective, no offense meant. If Trophy still made the 25' it might be in my wheel house...I still haven't ruled out a 2359, though I wish that boat came outboard with a bracket. (Personal I/O hater, again a preference).

I went out to Sodus today and hit Krenzer and Arney. Krenzer shows a Robalo 245 on their site I really would have liked to see...but alas, they are brokering it and it is nowhere to be found. Owner wouldn't answer phone. Write that bad boy off. I looked at two Baha's, a 231 and a 286 and all I will say is, not for me.

I'm thinking if I can't find used then it will be either a 23' Striper Alaskan, 2359 Trophy, Key West 2300wa or I continue a dialog I started with the folks at Judge to build a 24 Chesapeake.