The wife and I took our annual spring trip out to the Bar for the LOC.

Got to say the King fishing was tough to say the least. Covered a hell of a lot of water during the week and just didn't see the numbers of Kings that are usually out there. We fished from the Welland Canal to Wilson at some point during the week and sure we caught fish but relative to the previous 9 seasons I've been out there, this one was just not up to par. All the Cohos and Lakers you could want but we don't go to catch Coho and Lakers although there was a couple days I sent out some Coho lures just to move some rods as the Kings were few and far between.

Our best day only netted us seven Kings and we had a zero King day on the first full day of fishing when we fished with our friends across the fence.

We probably averaged 3 or 4 Kings a day with the biggest fish of the week just over 22 lbs.

After our grim day in Canada we spent the rest of the week fishing from the red can to Wilson and just picked at them.

Cover water and wait as although the screen was quite often loaded with fish they just weren't the mature Kings we were looking for.

The good news is the average size of the fish was probably 2 pounds bigger this year than average. Another thing that concerns me is we did not take a small King the entire week. Our smallest was 15 lbs. Always take a good number of small Kings but not this year. All our small fish were Cohos.

The other good news is my wife and I really love the area and despite the below average fishing we always enjoy it out there and can't wait to get back out for the proams.

Heres some pictures of our trip.

Nice Steely my wife took that just missed the board by a couple onces.

IM000999.jpg

Here she is Fishing.

IM001012.jpg

The Kings she was catching were already for the frying pan which was nice.

IM001003.jpg

Heres some more Kings.

Bar2010010.jpg

IM001005.jpg

IM001006.jpg

IM001007.jpg

IM001016.jpg

Glen

hey..you look familiar. nice pics of the kings. we crossed paths and chatted inside the boathouse at the marina.our boat was parked a few down from you.surprisingly we had a couple lakers around 20 lbs. that held on till the end.woulda never believed it after the first couple of days but they got hard to find after that.we enjoy the area too and will be seeing you next yr. good luck in the pro-ams.

Nice job Glen! Fishing for Kings hasn't been as easy as previous years, but I know a few guys that SMOKED them for the last two weeks. My patterns haven't been that good either. Hoping that changes this weekend. I thin the super warm spring we had and mild winter allowed tehse fish to spread out faster than normal, but what do I know?

Your bad week of fishing out there sounds like our good week :) Even out at the bar we're happy when we catch a few kings a day. Sure we have days we the rods never stop moving, but each year seems to be hit or miss depending on the week. We'll be out there the last week of May, so hopefully the fish are hungry by then. This cold spell probably won't help much.

Nick

Nope, Been on vacation Rod and been busy catching up the last couple days. Will try again sometime this week. Don't get stessed. I do enough of that for the whole team. LOL

Yankee you been taking any small Kings out there?

All I can say is a tough bite is one thing but we didn't have um on the screen.

Our shallowist King came at 60 ft down.

Glen

Sounds to me like you had a great trip aside from only averaging 3-4 kings a day up to 22 with none under 15 & those pesky lakers & cohos to bother you & a nice bow. . I'm sure the fishing will get better for you. A nice trip with your wife in a beautiful area with good weather .By the looks of those fillets on deck you will have some good eating. You sound to me a little disappointed & I can't imagine why .

You sound to me a little disappointed & I can't imagine why .

I wouldn't expect you to understand HB.

Outside the realm of your comprehension.

But thank you for analyzing my honest fishing report as well as my vacation.

Just don't know how I made it this far without all your wisdom.

Sure wish I was able to run six rods though. I suspect those numbers would have been up a bit. ;)

Glen

Spoony , maybe you can explain to me what "Par" means to you, . I bet there are a lot of guys who were on the lake during the derby that would have loved to hook just one of the good size fish you were into & been real happy , satisfied& appreciative of it . After reading your corespondence for some time, I think I understand quite well,thank you.

Glenn and Has Been, I invite both of you to fish on my boat together. I think we would have a great time with fish, laughs, ect...Maybe we could discuss politics.

Any chance I can apply for the moderator position? :happy2:

Glenn and Has Been, I invite both of you to fish on my boat together. I think we would have a great time with fish, laughs, ect...Maybe we could discuss politics.

Make sure the "Man Overboard Button" is operational first. :lol:

A few questions first. Will this be a catered affair? And will the dress be formal? What time can I expect the limo to pick me up ? And quite frankly, Don't ask if the fishing will not be exemplory , for my standards are quite high, don't you know. Will the boat be fitted with all the lastest in fishings technological advancement? How are the accomodations & will they meet my expectations ? Have your people call my people to work out the details& I will try to squeeze you in. Chao!