Cross lake camping

Heading to Cross Lake in a few weeks and I'm looking for suggestions on a good place to throw up a few tents and camp for the night. So far all I have come up with is Cross Lake Park Campgrounds...anyone have any experience with this place? Looks like they have a boat launch on site which is a plus...

Any other suggestions?

Heading to Cross Lake in a few weeks and I'm looking for suggestions on a good place to throw up a few tents and camp for the night. So far all I have come up with is Cross Lake Park Campgrounds...anyone have any experience with this place? Looks like they have a boat launch on site which is a plus...

Any other suggestions?

There is another place on the east side called Sunset Park. Not too many places on Cross Lake.

Joe

Be careful of the launch at sunset the bottom gets soft fast and there is not allot of traction. If you have a decent size boat make sure you have a 4 wheel drive to get it back out.

Gene

ps: a bunch of years ago while trolling for n pike I caught 44" 20lb tiger on a perch colored deep dive thunder stick. We were trolling along the west shore right across from sunset along a drop off in 25' of water I think it was in July.

Good Luck

you could always tie up to the little island at the south end and camp there for the night. just be careful the water doesn't rise and put it under water :lol:

seriously though, I'd say you could camp on my property but our development has restrictions against that among other things so that it doesn't turn into a shanty town, which I kinda appreciate. :yes:

good luck out there and have fun. quite a variety of fishing between the lake, river and the cut.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png