Deeper water in Oswego yet?

I have been reading a lot of reports from the Oswego area of shallow water fishing I was wondering if any one was having luck in deeper water yet. I was planning to fish all day sunday and monday. This is the first time I have been able to get out, I have had some bad luck this year.

I have been out several times and out to 150 feet its very sporadic, you can pick up one once in a while, right at the bottom, making me believe they are laker's, but there has not been anything consistent that I have found. I would try west of the port and out in deeper waters. I will probably go out to 200 to 400 feet and look next time I go out, but I want nice conditions for that. I have had no luck at all with the kings yet.

gentlemen,

will be fishing fairhaven area as of tomorrow for the week.would appreciate any reports you guys may have and i will do the same daily. would much prefer offshore for kings,cohos and steelhead as opposed the early shallow brown trout bite. have a safe weekend.

john(double j)

No luck this afternoon, but I had the family with me so I didn't get a whole lot of fishing in just a lot of complaining :rofl: (mostly from me) . Next time out fishing will be just the guys trip so I can get tuned in. I did mark a lot of fish in 70-120 fow at times but still sporadic.

We caught 1 small steelhead( about 20") on an NK28 Diehard on a free slider on the 70' rigger and 1 laker on a green pro-chip with an Atomik Crinkle Green fly down 80' on the rigger. Both fish came in about 100' of water and both were released to fight another day. Bluewater it ways nice meeting you at Wrights Landing, hopefully fishing will improve. Of the people we talked to everyone said it was slow on Sunday morning.

Very nice to meet you as well. There are a lot of great people on this site it's nice to put a face to the words. The lake is so low that when I got back to the dock I broke a plastic vent that's for the engine blower intake air on the side of my boat, I was NOT very happy :@ :@ . I never even gave it a thought when I pulled back in because usually it's well above the dock, but not the case yesterday. We need some more consistent weather so we can start to get a thermocline to better pattern where the fish are. I couldn't believe it was still a 45 deg surface temp in the middle of may.