If you made the Summer 2010 LOC derby board PLEASE post here

• 1 month later...

OK -- I'll start.

Picked up this 15.01 Laker which put us in 5th for the time being... lots of time left.

100_1047.jpg

Hit a white glow/green dots spinnie and hammer fly out 325 on the wire in about 125 FOW between Braddocks and Russell.

JAM

My 11 year old son Justin made it on the board for the first time :yes: It was 4th at the time, now it's 7th and I explained to him he's gonna need a bigger one cause it won't last so he's ready to go fishing again so he can top it. That is, if I don't keep making him get up at 3am.... :lol:

We caught the 26.8 lb king off the shipping lanes. We dropped our deep rigger with a 15lb shark down 135 over 130 fow. We used a white spinny followed by our best producing fly so far this year, a Big Weenie Proctologist. Justin hung in there and landed his personal best without any help from dad.

2wK7J.jpg

6/27 We ran west out of the Oak appr. 6 miles, set up in 150ft. 5mins. later 24lb.11oz. king. Back to port we go. 18th place as of now. Heading back up next weekend. Hoping to improve that 18th. place.(sorry no pics). GOOD LUCK fellows.

10th place king as of 6/28. Fish hit a Green Dot Spin Doctor with a Green Crinkle A-tom-mik fly 275' on a 1 on the wire in 225 fow off of Sandy Creek. Weighed in at 25lbs 7 oz.

7th place SteelHead

June 27th, 1:20pm 375 FOW wire diver rod 2.5 setting, Speed 2.3 down--- pulling a pro-chip glow chartreuse and gold finger sushi fly. Fish took me out to 550 before I put the brakes on! I had no idea it was a Steelhead until it was 15' behind the boat and that's when I told Janet I think we are about to land a big steel. Janet netted the fish we pulled lines and ran her into the weight station.

SteelHeadDerby.jpg

Mark

My wife and I motored west from the Genny out past Braddocks into 3 footers, set a couple lines at 7AM, and hooked into this 25.14 King within the first 20 minutes.

100_1058.jpg

She hit a Stinger Glow Gator on the 50 foot probe rigger over 130 FOW. Temp was 63F! Go figure...

Currently 10th place.

Good luck to all!

JAM

Well finally made the board. I will let my son pose with the fish. I made a rookie mistake we hit this fish and had the other rigger go off. I knew I had a different fish on but it was so close to the other one I thought we were tangled and pointed the rod at the fish. GONE It end up being this 12 pd steely on the one rod and I new the other one was just as big as it was staying deep. To add fault 15mins later rigger goes off and fish is on but not moving under the boat. Guessing it doesn't know its hooked. The wife was on the rod and she has landed many big ones before but this one she said was like a rock. One huge buck and gone... story of my life. Should of had 3 on the board. My brother in law was 12th Sunda done to 15th now.

leuMA.jpg

11.05 lb brown caught sunday morning. was in 3rd but since then dropped to 8th. caught on a orange dreamweaver icicle on a fire tiger dispy in 120 ft of water right out front of olcott. sorry, he was fileted before i remembered i had no pics

4th place king on 7/3 at 27.15lbs (currently 10th) out of the Oak on a Northern King NBK down 90 over 130.

8ZSN0.jpg

1st place king for about an hour :( on 7/5 at 30.03lbs (currently 4th) out of the Oak on a wire dipsey back 240 on a #3 setting pulling a Green dbl crush glow SD and ATOMMIK packer fly in 110fow.

I_2_r.jpg

Good luck to all,

Shawn

SNUCK INTO 1ST PLACE SALMON BY OUNCES~!

600-FOOT COPPER THEN LOTS AND LOTS OF BACKING OVER 185FOW (TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE- I WAS RUNNING THE RODS) JUST REALED IN 600-FEET OF COPPER AND LOTS OF BACKING WITH A LAKER

AS I SET IT BACK OUT WITH PLANER CLIP IN ONE HAND AND REEL IN OTHER.....DRAG STARTS SCREAMING....

THIS WAS ONE OF THE TRIPLE WE HAD ON - I GOT THE BIGGER FISH BUT ALSO CHOSE THE 600 COPPER

25 MINTUES OR SO LATER AND HUNDREDS OR A THOUSAND FEET OUT WE GOT IT IN THE NET! (TWICE)

32.14LBS - 43" AND BY FAR MY BIGGEST KING YET!

WHAT A FISH 1ST PLACE OR LAST!

FINALLY GOT ONE OVER MY PREVIOUS BIGGEST OF 25LBS OR SO

[img][/img]

p_ulA.jpg

Fished last Saturday July 10th with Chris of Momay4000 and my 16 year old Niece from Florida. This brute took green dot/white spinny with an A-Tom-Mik Hammer fly out 285' over 185 FOW.

The battle lasted 30 minutes before we boated this fish in.

61KWr.jpg

Richard Bullen Friday prefish on SPOONFED Capt Glen (he's easy going) and Chris Yard 32lb + Oswego. after we boat released a bunch o fish on thursday and friday then Glen suggests (I so many words) we see if we can locate a laker with some size setup went down and glen says there's a fish on there Chrissays it just hit bottom Glen proceeds and chris hands the rod saying here Richard first thought it was stuck on bottom then felt a head shake and said so then glen and chris proceed to inform me on how to bring him in. ( Never caught One Before) slow and easy was followed by when the hell you gonna get that fish in the boat Richard Chris constantly encouraged and checked drag didn't over power the drag just kept contant tension pumped him to the top the result was presonnal best Laker 22.07 lb which gave Spoonfed two top finishes in Derby. Glen toped that during the tourney with a 1st place finish in Brown Trout division.Thru the summer season I have had the pleasure to pick up some excellant info and learned many things I shouldn't do WE will talk when given the chance. WARNING Glen says I could talk the ears off a dead dog and he's easygoing???????

Spoonfed team Oswego fish

LSAx0.jpg

Chris Yards 1st Place King Oswego

x50Ci.jpg

Glen holding me down so photograpgher can take a shot

eo09A.jpg

TEAM SPOONFED"s WINN BIGG

eo58S.jpg

EDIT - moved post from Fall topic mb