Hi. Just purchased a 21ft boat to salmon fish on Lake ontario. Been fishing there for years and always used lowrance fishfinders but i heard that the new lowrance fishfinders are junk. I am trying to decide what kind of fish finder to put on the boat, any one have any suggestions on a good fishfinder for $800 or less. Been looking at Furuno,Raymarine, and Garmin. Do not care if its a combo unit or just fishfinder but it has to be a color unit. If anyone could give me a few suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Lowrance fishfinders are not junk, probly what you heard is their service is junk...but lately they have been a lil better my unit was 2 years out of warranty they sent me new transducer and gave me time to try it out if it didnt resolve problem they were going to fix the unit for free. Guess it depends what you like pretty hard to find a agood combo unit for under a grand today.

furuno Fcv 620 or 585 , i went though this last year go to there site and there is a demo on it that shows you almost everything, 600w digital powerful and easy too use and if you ever want too interface it wilth anything it can.

Ha, that's if you can get them. I just canceled an order that I placed last week. I found out it was going to take 2 months for them to ship me a new transducer. I got lucky and used one off a unit for my little boat. I'll sell that unit and go buy something else. I won't make the mistake of buying Eagle/Lowrance again.

I just pulled the lowrance out of my boat. It came with my new lowe last year and I have had nothing but issues with it. I purchased a humminbird 585 combi unit and so far I am extremelly happy with it but it has seem limited use so far.

I just confrimed that my transducer was bad today. I temporarily connected one I had from my LCX 15MT and it works fine. No temp but I already knew the temp doesn't work if you use the transducer from the LCX15 on the LMS520. So it looks like I have to get a knew transducer every year. That makes me happy!

I also had some transducer problems. Changed over to an AIRMAR B60 thru hull for my LCX 110C. Its been 3 years and the unit has been flawless. Just Google Airmar transducers and you will get there.