Keuka Fishing Update

Planning to fish Keuka on Saturday morning if anyone has has fished lately I would appreciate an update. Basic plan is start by jigging near the bluff. If that doesn't produce we may either troll or go in search of perch. Any help would be appreciated either by posting or PM

Hey Tap

Unless they change to forecast for Ontario, I plan on fishing Keuka Saturday morning. My plan was for troll south from the state boat launch. If ya have a VHS radio, I can send ya a report on how the trolling is working. Buckshot, channel 68

Mark

Fishing out of my buddies boat and he doesn't have a VHF. Work has had me on the road and haven't been able to get my boat in yet. Do you fish Keuka on a regular basis may try to catch up later in summer?

No I don't fish down there much in the summer. Thinking about it though.

Saturday, May 15th.

I boated 3 fish 1 LL, 2 Lakers. Day of 1st for me. Caught my 1st LL salmon out of Keuka right off the bat.(17") Then later on I took 2 lakers on Slide Divers. (1 laker was over 3 lbs) That was the 1st time I used Slide Divers and was pleased to see the money I spent work!! lol I was using a Spindoc/fly(green) with the divers. Down about 35 fow. The LL hit on a Mag NK, silver/green off the rigger with 40 feet of cable out. Trolling speed was 2.3. Time on the water, about 5 hours.

Of course I was trolling but I did see a few folks that looked like they were drift/jigging.(was a bit windy) I don't know how well they did. I think I may give it another try tomarrow.

Good Luck everyone!

Mark

Mark,

Shoot I forgot about posting...thanks for the reminder. Boated 2 lakers on wire dipsy diver, spin dr's and flies. Divers were on a #2 setting, out 200' and 240'. Couldn't get anything going on riggers and spoons. Most of the fish were down deep, 130' and 140' down. I didn't fish too long, I had some stuff to do with the kids and home.

What does your boat look like? I was going to give you a call on 68 but I was sure where you were.

Mike