First I would like to say it was a pleasure to meet some of the guys from this site.I would like to thanks Dave B.and his wife for sitting down and shooting the bull with me and telling me some different things to try while out of Olcott.I really appreciate there hospitality.A really big thanks goes out to Big Easy and his buddy BOB for there help from day one with setting me up with every thing that I needed to know about the Newfane area.I was able to get a slip for my boat and the place stay.These two guys knew what they where doing and showed me allot of stuff that was awesome.And I talked to Maniac as he was fishing down at the bar so we got together and fished as a pack on the hunt what a great time.

Sunday,

My Buddy(Fishfearme) and I got there around 11.00 am the winds were out of the north west about 10 to 15 so we waited to see if the wind would die down .We finally got out for a couple hours of fishing going 3 for 3 biggest king going 13 lbs. fish came on a mag green dolphin(we found out later it was a good mag bite but I don't have allot of mags in my box yet)Mupp up down 90 feet.Started to get some white water on top of the waves so we headed infor the night.

Monday,

Hit the water at around 5 am came out of the shoot and headed west.We set up in 130 feet of water going on a west troll.we were running two riggers and two wire rigs.We didn't have to wait long and our first fish hit and came right out of the water like a missile this was the start of the best fishing day we ever had on Lake Ontario.As Yankee would say "We Killed them" we kept trolling west I called Maniac and he was also having an awesome day as well his said I should get my butt down to the bar.He was in to some bigger fish so we trolled down there and fished with him and Big easy for the day.The lake got so calm there wasn't a ripple on the water but the fishing was great.Eric told me to set up a rig with a purple spoon down deep and that thing was popping all the time.The wire rigs were not doing that great so I took one in and set up my third rigger and we just did great.We were the only boats out there so there was no traffic what so ever it was so nice we had the bar all to our selves.We ended the day 27 for 35 with our biggest king at 18 lbs and one steelhead the rest were cohos and kings.My best spoons were a black and glow purple white belly NK 28/Mag mupped up early in the morning and a 42nd silver spoon until I ended up losing everyone I had(Dam fish).I then I taped up a green thunder gold cup NK 28 spoon and that thing was on fire.I was also using a coyote spoon that Reeldiel had picked up for me this spring and that took allot of fish also but the purple R&R spoon I had put down deep was a great spoon it took most of my big fish.We were in 200 to 130 feet of water all day going back and forth.There was allot of big stuff floating around so we had to pay attention to where we were going.We left the bar at around 5.30 and the lake was so flat I was able to run back to olcott at 40 mph it only took 24 min.WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Tuesday,

We got out at 5 am again the lake was still pretty flat so we ran down to the bar again and set up where we were the day before using the same program as the day before.Started in 200 feet of water.The wind was out of the north east at less than 5 mph so it wasn't bad but as we got closer to the bar the stuff floating in the water was really bad.The fish had shut down for us.Eric called and said he had found an area that was producing fish for him he started out with a triple He wasn't sure if he was in the USA water or Canadian water but for us to come his way so we started to troll in his direction and he was a mile from the boarder so we were good to go.( I didn't have a Canadian license)we doubled up as we got closer on that purple R&R spoon and a wire rig with one of Atomic new hammer time spin Dr and fly(10 lb laker so no picture with it)we trolled for a while until we doubled up again with dueling kings one was small and the other was about 15 lbs.Things slowed way down the wind was starting to pick up(forecast was for SE winds waves less than a foot??? Yeah right)we were 18 miles from Olcott so we started to troll back to our port.We talked to Big Easy and they were down closer to Wilson and had hit a pocket of fish in 130 feet of water and they were having a hard time keeping there rods in the water.The waves were starting to pick up so we were slowly getting home and as Big easy had said earlier we started to mark allot of fish in the 100 to 130 foot area and we doubled up again as we went past Big Easy what a fire drill we had going.The waves were beating us up and the 2 kings were going every where (what a great time that was) we ended up loosing one as it wrapped up in the wire rig and snapped every thing off and we ended up boating our biggest fish of the trip 19 lbs we had white caps on the water so we called it a day and started the LONG LONG trip back to Olcott 1 1/2 hours later we were back at port we ended up 8 for 11 fish best spoon was the purple R&R set 95 down.

We decided to just pack up on Wednesday for we had a very long drive home.This was a great trip for us and I think we will be out here from now on around this time of year.A big thanks for all the info I have gotten from all of you on this site I still have allot to learn.I didn't take any pictures I was trying to get every thing back in the water so I didn't have time to snap any pictures(Sorry)We never went out deeper than 230 feet of water.Allot of time we had the same water temp from the surface down to 70 feet.When we found a temp break we would pick up fish.If any of you ever get to fish around Big Easy or Manica they are first class fisherman and it was my pleasure to fish with them.Sorry for the long post but this is the only way I can explain the great time I had!!!

I just talked to Eric things have slowed down since the North east wind but he said the lake is nice today so he is off and running.

Brown fishing is like Perch fishing. You get a lot of them but you have to sort through the tiny ones all the time! How fun is a 3lb Brownie on a DR pole? It's like trolling for smallmouth with a wire rod!

Hey YT, you'd know all about that bass fishing stuff! ;) And someday you're gonna have to learn to fish for browns if you ever plan on winning a Pro-Am....just ask Jerry or the Fishin' Magician team!

Nahhhhhhhhhh! There were pleanty of Kings around Sodus last year. I just wasnt good enough to dial them in REAL good. But if I were a local, similar to yourself, I would have them dialed in. Im not used to fishing that Eastern stuff! We always have Kings on the West side.

Yeah, you're right. Jerry's two day total of 28 browns wasn't enough to land him in 4th place in the Pro division. I seem to remember that we were LEADING on day one with a box full of 12 browns. And Fishin' Magician didn't make a HUGE comback on day two with a box full of browns to win the whole thing. Nope, browns don't matter in Pro-Am's. ;););)

Erin,

Great report, glad to see you had good time. Now that you are spoiled for the west end. you better get your boxes replenished for your next trip out. Talk to you later.

Rich