Seneca North End 5/16

Fished the shallow waters on the East side starting around 6:30 am. first hook up was taken off the boards blk j9 Rapala, nice catch and release 9-10 lb laker. (pic to come later) Alot of marks and bait, ending with 10/18 all lakers to the boat mostly on wire, sizes ranging from 3-7 lbs. Had a Seneca rookie on the boat who unfortunately got to see a rarity on Seneca, a total jerk!! :devil: Setting up 20 yards off the starboard side of us and then cutting across the bow was not a smart move, hope those lures you lost on our prop were nothing special :D:D . Wanting to fist fight also shows how smart you were :rofl: It was real mature to try to run my board over on your way in as well. I hope I convinced my friend to return to Seneca on his boat, reasuring him 99% of Seneca fishermen are very friendly and respectful. Sorry to be dramatic but it was otherwise an awesome day on the water, and hope to see many of you at Sampson in 12 days!!!

Nice report thanks for sharing. We hit the middle today went 5 for 9 , 4 lakers and a landlock. Dropped the first three fish landed one then dropped the next one geshhhish getting a complex. Dodger peanut did most down 75' , 15' off the ball. Picked the landlock up on a bare spoon ( no name buddy tapes them up) down 65' back 40'. Best depth was 125' to 135' east side direction didn't matter much speed 2.1 to 2.5 GPS.

Yeah, it happens Dale lol I just felt bad for our friend who has alot of Lake Ontario and Canandaigua experience to see that in his first 20 mins on Seneca, shortly after catching a big laker. We will be fishing the derby out there Memorial Day weekend along with the "retired" 3c17 :D

By the way, this guy told us to get off HIS lake and go back to Ontario :o lol!

Im starting to think he may have been on drugs you spend more time on Seneca then the Big O....... Sometimes you just got to laugh.... Maybe you can show podgorski how to get it done on memorial day... I have the boat all rigged just have to replace a couple twillis and I will be ready..... Dale

Lol....post the pic of his boat and we'll troll figure 8's around him during the trout derby!

Good post otherwise though! I got my engine to fire...a new starter and waterpump to go yet though. She wasn't happy spending last year out of the water!

Not being out there is KILLING me!

Sorry to hear about your encroachment on Seneca Lake :D You would think the lake was big enough for 2 or 3 boats :lol: We fished Saturday without any luck. Didn't mark many fish and tried the dipsy, fly combo along with several other setups. We are newbies to this lake. Could you offer any good combinations for us to try next time? Thanks alot and good fishing !! SEA-J

Thanks for the quick reply. We were running mostly 2.0-2.5 with the wind we couldn't get any lower even with 2 sea bags out. We'll try your combos and let you know what happens next time we get to Seneca. Are you fishing the lake trout derby? What stations do you use on Seneca. We'll give ya a shout if we enter the derby. Thanks alot. SEA-J

BG, we were out there Sunday too, I was looking for, should of tried the radio. If it makes you feel better we were cut off about 3 times on the east side! The first one was a guy coming from the northwest, drove right in the front the boat turned north and started dropping lines . Not only that, but he was trolling so slow I had to actually troll around him, he was in a trophy all by himself. We made our first past and caught a few fish in front of a couple still fisherman and on the next past they all moved in right in my path. It almost seemed like there was a derby by all the boats and rude boaters.

Anyways now for the report. We started around 7:30 on the west side with tons of bait and fish in the 75-60fow with only a very large fish lost at the back of the boat. Around 9:30 crossed the lake south of high banks and had a double as soon as i fihsed rigging the second rigger. Most fish caught in the 35fow range on spoons, not one release on the boards. moved out to 70 with wire/sd/fly and landed a few more. quit fishing by 11:15 with 8 lakers, 2 in the 8lb+ range. I let my dad catch everyone since he will not be in the derby. Can't wait to see everyone at Sampson!

lzLb9.jpg

c-troller, were you on the south end?? was it a hard top bayliner? if so maybe its the same guy, i had to troll aorund him too, and he was coming at me two weeks ago, et got 100 foot past my boat and cut right off my back, i had to start yelling, due to dipsy lines and 5 color lead core out off the outriggers. he just kinda waved and said nothing. luckily he moved back in time before damge took place....i was :devil:

theres one in every crowd i guess.....