May 15th - We headed for 4 mile creek at 6am and we were met with a nice 1-3' chop from the West. When we set down the screen lit up, so we started to set lines and it didn't take long to hook into our first King. He hit on our probe rigger pulling a NK 28 DL Glow Coyote. That fish set the stage for the rest of the day. We ran a 500 copper off each Big John Otter boat, 4 wires, and 3 riggers. Our wires in the AM were parked at 250 on a .5 and 300 on a 2.5, and 275 on a .5 and 325 on a 2.5. We slid them each out about 25' around 12pm.Those wires took 80% of our fish today. On one side we pulled a Wonder dot SmartFish/A-TOM-MIK Glow Hammer, and a Black double crush glow SmartFish/A-TOM-MIK Hammer fly with the Smartfish set at 11:30. On the opposite side we ran a green dot SmartFish/A-TOM-MIK Hypnotist, and a Green SmartFish with chrome on one side and crush glow on the other/A-TOM-MIK Hypnotist. Those were set on an 8:30.Our 500 coppers took a few shots one pulling a green dot SmartFish/A-TOM-MIK Hypnotist, and the other a wonder dot SmartFish/A-TOM-MIK glow hammer. We worked from the red can to the fence for most of the day. Down speed didn't matter as we caught them at 1.7 to 3.0 at the ball. Our big guy today tipped the scale at 25 pounds! He is also our largest of the 2010 season. We ended the day with 6 Kings in the last hour, which was just incredible and exciting for everyone. We had LOTS of picture opportunities today. Make sure you check out the last picture!

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

May 16th - I had some friends from work out with us today, so I HAD to produce! With yesterdays results I figured it would be NO PROBLEM! Well, I was wrong. Water color looked GREAT, and the screen was very good. It took us a while to get our first shot. Unlike yesterday, our wires never took a shot today. We ran the same program as yesterday. 4 wires, 2 - 500 coppers, and 3 riggers. An NK THAT spoon did half our fish today on our corner rigger parked at 100'. The other MVP for the day was a wonder dot SmartFish/A-TOM-MIK glow hammer fished off our 500 copper. In talking to a lot of other boats out there today everyone struggled.The disappointment for the day was having two nice Kings get sawed off by our wire rods. We worked so hard for the bites we got, and to have that happen hurt. Regardless, there was enough action for the guys and girls today, and they left with plenty of meat for the fridge.

DSCN0471.jpg

Hey, I recognize Tracy and Jeff! I bet it was great for them to get away from the triplets for a day of fishing. I'm betting with the weather and calm, they weren't complaining, even if you only stuck a couple. Way to go! We wanted to check out Wilson yesterday but I had to hand out diplomas at UofR. Maybe later this week.

Gator

Rick, I don't know what was up with the fish yesterday either. Graph was loaded out in front of Wilson on our evening trip, but bites were hard to come by.

"In talking to a lot of other boats out there today everyone struggled.The disappointment for the day was having two nice Kings get sawed off by our wire rods."

I'd love to have a "disappointing" day wher I only landed 5 Kings :)

Nice fishing report Rick, I think the salmon are hitting the smorgasbord of smelt near the bar with a feeding frenzy every so often. They get stuffed and lay around in their living rooms watching fishing lure shows :lol:

Mark

Skipper - Some had alewives in them and others had real small smelt in them. None of the ones I filleted up were stuffed by any means. Yeah, they got one heck of a lure showing this weekend!