Hot Lure: Really? 2 fish what's hot?

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:2.2-2.7

Boat Depth: 8 ft to 95 ft

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Finally got out after 2+ weeks of the water and had a nice late afternoon/ evening troll with the Mrs.

Talked with Mr. Jerry Felluca and others about the fishing earlier in the day and heard browns in close but water clearing by the second and Laker's stacked out 70- to 90 ft. So being the great anti laker guy I am I decided to try the shore line heading east. Couldn't find much of any color in the water but kept at it and low and behold I get near Mr. Felluca's mansion on the lake and the Mrs sees the inside rod on the board "acting weird" and sure enough fish on and it's a nice steelie of about 6# that did a little aerial show for us. 150 back orange J-7.

Decide to try the shore going back west a bit with nothing so we headed out a bit as a couple guys had said they they had marked fish up high but couldn't get them to go. Set the riggers from 70 up to 30 and 1 wire out 210 and the other out 110. Switched off the kicker motor and started the big motor which ran a little groggy for a second so in neutral it went for a second and a little rev it got and it was all good and as soon as I started to go a bit the 110 wire goes and it's not a laker :clap::clap::clap::clap: as that baby screwed and started to jump. KING TIME :clap::clap::clap: Got this teenager (15lbs) on the Atomic hammer fly behind a White Nuclear green dot (?) spinny

Photo0039-1.jpg

By the way the 8 inch Lamprey that stayed attached went back in the water..............BUT IN 3 PIECES :lol::yes:

Only got the 2 fish but was a happy guy :yes: Still no skunks in my boat this short season so far :sweating::whew::clap:

They are coming fellow Sandy Guys :yes:

Nice to have met you Gene!!

Nice job Tom! Glad to see the Mrs. let you reel in a fish!

Shawn

Let him reel it in? I heard he pushed her to the floor to get to the rod first.

Hope she was wearin a life jacket. :lol:

Nice to have meet you to Tom. I was glad to hear you caught that King. We went 3 for 5 on the the lakers all on Dipsy spinny flys color didnt matter. My friends son caught that 18 lb laker and the way it fought (real good first run) I thought it may have been a small king. He was real happy when we got that fish in the boat it was the biggest fish he has ever caught. It will be fun seeing him reel in a nice king, if he thought that was a fight he will be in for a surprise.

Nice job Tom! Glad to see the Mrs. let you reel in a fish!

Shawn

Let him reel it in? I heard he pushed her to the floor to get to the rod first.

I gave her a wire rod with no fish on it and with the dipsey not tripped :lol::P out 300 and told her she had a fish on but then scolded her for letting get away :o:o:D

My wife is great to fish with for the most part, drives like Musky sometimes :P , but helps out with getting rods moved and what not. She always wants to let me land fish because she knows how much it makes me happy and the fact that she knows when I take guys out in my boat that I like to let them land "most" the fish. We all do that for the most part except maybe "Rod Hog" (just kidding :P:D:D )

Tried to get Jerry to come out of the mansion on the lake and see the fish but he was at his boat doing something that had to do with a "hull and rocks" not getting along :o:o

Wayne, Rebecca said no time off for you!! I'll give ya a shout.