Moor Sub Troll Calibration

I've been running the Moor Sub Troll for about 3 yrs. and it works great. Right from the beginning the speed reading has been low compared to GPS readings. I'm talking in general, not as a function of directional currents. This is not a big issue because I just learn what "Moor speed" is working and go from there. I know another boat that has similar readings. As an example, the Moor will read about 2.0 mph when the GPS reads about 2.6 mph. Have other folks had similar experience? If so, have you calibrated the Moor to the GPS?

Dick

Hi Dick.

I calibrated the subtroll to the GPS on a calm day with the probe just a little below the bottom of the boat. Turned and went in the oposite direction just to make sure there wasn't any current. Worked good and I can trust it.

Glen

Dick,

I calibrated mine in similar fashion to Glen's procedure, but I used the surface speed from my sonar instead of the GPS. Works really nice now, and even helped this past Sunday figuring out what was going on with the currents on the bar. 2.5 down speed, and 1.7 surface speed when we were trolling easterly.

Chris