cayuga 5-16 Barneys day 2 Reelhard

we left myers on sunday morning and motored north to just above miliken stn. set up and fished deeper water on the east side. the lake was dead flat, and we couldn't get anything going. farther north i spotted a deer way out in the middle of the lake. we watched as it swam all the way across onto the east bank. if there was a division for whitetails, we'd have gone after it. :lol: we werent marking any fish so we went to the west side. near sheldrake we finaly started catching fish, between 100-200fow. watermelon, suttons,and honeybees brought fish. picked up a few lakers with the wire too, out 180, and 220. green and silver spin doctors and big weenie pole dancer, rolling rock flies. a green pro troll with a homemade yellow fly took one too. the fish were very scatterd around, and no depth or lure seemed to be consistant, so i had a difficult time dialing in on them. the lakers we did manage were nice fish, full of fight. they averaged 6-7 lbs., and of coarse the big one came of at the back of the boat. our biggest fish of the weekend was an 8lb.er that we let go first thing sat. morning. overall it was a great day to be on the lake fishing. we ended up going 11-15 on sunday, and let me tell you, they didnt come very easily. we worked for those fish, but that just make them taste better. :beer:

We had a similar weekend. Sunday we started at AES trolled up the east side then cut across to the west side at Sheldrake. We ended up with three salmon and 9 lakers sat. and 1 salmon 10 lakers sunday. All the lakers came off the wire on sun. and we were averaging a steady 2 fish an hour up untill noon, then we couldn't find them. Our biggest went 9lb 1oz(by our scale), not quite enough but we had a hell of a good time. Our most exciting part was on sat. when we were heading into a strong head wind with just my dad and myself in the boat, and landed a triple. That was a first for us. Good times anyway.

First year with the B&B tournament for me this year. My daughter and I got 2 in the shallows on saturday on stick baits and lost a good one, with stick bait of course, We did manage a 20in tiger muskie as well, a first for me. all were south of Deans Cove about 1/2 mile. Sunday we found all of ours on the riggers one as deep as 120ft over 200fow. Talked with one of the guys here who fishes on a pontoon and he or someone who chimmed in said the board was showing a 10.6 so our 8 lber didnt get weighed. All ours on sunday came on Green with glow spoons from the 50 to 120ft range in 150 to 250 fow. We did'nt get the #s you guys in the south did our smallest was a 5lber but we boated 5 for 7 on sunday and 2 for 4 on saturday.

We did have a great time and thanks to all who put this together :yes:

Keoke, next time chime in Would like to meet some people who face to face sometime. We will be at Seneca in two weeks for the derby so we will meet some of you there. Maybe I should change my handle on here to "Rod's Bent" so no one gets comfused.

When we got back to Sampson sunday we launched to give the kids a boat ride and picked up another 5 lber on flasher fly, took about 10 min.

Got the muskie on a stick bait in about 25 fow. We were south of Deans cove on the west side at about 2.5mph.

Ran the stick bait out 50ft then attached a 4oz sinker and out another 100ft for a total out 150ft. It was a Tiger Muskie had the tell tail stripes and all. How about it MuskieBob are there any reported in Cayuga till now???

My son and I fished Deans Cove north both days and had GREAT luck both days from about 6 am till noon........boated 14 nice lakers and a 4 lb. LL.....biggest trout 7.5...Suttons and stingers proved best lures......Bite was fast and furious the first hour each day .....then had to work.. ...Wind was strong Sat. but Sunday was nice.......We noticed that the lakers seemed more lively and full of fight than usual......Maybe the 44 degree water