Results of Henderson Derby ?

I guess there was a charter captain from the rochester area that brought his clients and ther fish from Rochester to Henderson...enterd them and won and took several places in the Laketrout division and won the brown trout division.

Rumor has it the derby committee is getting pressure to remove the Lake Trout category so that this does not happen again. It's hard to fathom a spring tournament in Henderson Harbor without LT's. I was under the impression many of the walleyes have been coming out of the Oswego River for years? This will be a difficult decision to say the least.

Another fun tournament put on by the fine folks in Henderson. Glad to see there was a good turnout this year and plenty of fish to be had. Looking forward to the competition again next year.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I would certainly hope there is no one complaining about boundaries within the tournament...that would be a sad statement for those competing. This is a tournament with a long standing tradition in one of the fine ports along the lake. I would imagine that the tourney committee would be encouraged by the fact that captains from not only Henderson, but also other ports, are taking the initiative to compete. I'm sure there are some that are complaining..always going to be the case when only one boat can win...but this opens the tournament up to more enrollment, and subsequently, more overall winnings. In my eyes, the more competition they can secure, the better for the longevity and financial gain for the tournament and the port.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png