Fish Hawk x4 ducer mount

Fishtails

Hey guys, I have a question some of you with the x4 can help with.

Does it matter what side I mount the ducer relative to the side I have the probe? Can the ducer be towards the port if the probe is on the starboard side? It doesn't really say that it matters one way or the other in the instructions (at least not that I see).

My problem is I have a strike vision camera on the starboard rear rigger, so when I use that I'd want the FH probe on the port. BUT...my through hull ff ducer is on the port side and it says I should keep them apart.

You think it matters what side I mount it on? If so I guess I could move the strike vision to the port side. Things are complicated because I have twin I/O's and trim tabs on an 8 ft beam so there isn't alot of room left to mount anything.

THANKS !!

I think I remember something in the instructions or book that said that the transducer has a very wide angle so you can get reception from a larger area. On my boat, I have it mounted on the boom rigger with the transducer mounted on that same side, a spread of about 6 feet or so. I can get probe readings with the probe relatively shallow (10 feet or so) so I don't think it would matter what side you run your stuff on if you're down at normal depths. My thruhull is on the starboard and my fish hawk gear is on the port.