Color Blind?

Shellback

Any other folks out there that are color blind? I read about the hot spoons or flies, go out and buy them, but once they are out of the package, I'm friggen LOST! I could have every manufacturers chart in front of me, and probably still couldn't match most of them up if I have my stuff laid out in front of me.

My color perception's pretty bad, you know those single blinking traffic lights, red one way and yellow the other? I gotta ask who's riding shotgun what color they are, or slow down to see what the other folks are doing. I was that kid in grade school who water colored the grass brown and the sky purple. WTF, it looked good to me!

Oh, I try saving the packages and keeping things together, but if you have a couple folks on the boat changing baits and stuff, that plan goes to h*ll in a short time.

For me, there's 3 basic colors, One is anything blue, purple etc. Two is anything red, orange, yellow, etc. Three is anything in the brown or green spectrum. So if there's any other color blind folks out there, what's your solution.

PS If you ever see a 2002 Dodge Quadcab, the color Granite, (they told me so at the dealers), bearing down on you at a blinking light, give me plenty of room! LOL!

Guest ReelDiel

when i was first trying to learn all the different spoons i used to write the name on the back bottom by the hook...like Monkeypuke Green = MPG

Natural Born Killer Green = NBKG, Mulatto=MUL. I used a fine tip black pernament sharpie worked great sometimes you might have to re write but they held up pretty well!!!!

Isnt there a new laser surgey that can restore color??????

I have a friend that see's only black and white. He can see a rabbit in the weeds long before any of the rest of us can. And his night vision is a lot better. The army used to like them because they can see what is hidden by the camofloge.

I have a friend that see's only black and white. He can see a rabbit in the weeds long before any of the rest of us can. And his night vision is a lot better. The army used to like them because they can see what is hidden by the camofloge.

That's true, Some camofloge stands out like a sore thumb to me.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of things from my military past.......I was offered a $10K re-up bonus as a spotter, and when I tried to sign up for the base flying club, they just laughed. I asked if I couldn't get a restricted license to fly only during the day. The instructors told me I could never land a plane because my degree of color-blindness creates a negative depth perception scenario. CRASH!

My entire wardrobe consists of blue slacks and gray slacks. Dress and sport shirts are either blue, gray, white or black. Same with socks. I can't make a mistake. Oh....and my grungies......well, it depends on my mood.

I have an extremely deep tackle supply because when fish are hitting a specific color and style, I go buy 3 or 4 so I have them. I have figured out that it is best for me to keep the back of the package inside a 2 x 3 inch zip baggie with the lure. Seems to work OK.

Glad to find out there are more than me out there.

Edd

When other boats ask what you are catching them on you can

tell them the "No See Um" lure that company *^&%% just came out with!

Take a picture of the lure with cell phone, send it to some one and ask

what color you have choosen.

I have the same problem...When asked what I was using I would tell them dark or light colored.....that XXXXXX them off, but it was true! The other good thing is you might discover a color no one else will ever understand.

cups half full today! Good Luck

I number the spoon and keep a log but for the flies A-Tom-Mik sells tubes for $.59 each. I mark each tube on the sides with the fly name and on the cap on mark the manufacture. I also purchased plastic containers from the dollor store. For $2.00 you can fit about 28 flies in each container. School your crew to change the lure and put it where it belongs.

• 11 months later...

I have recently changed my system. I now have a Plano clear box for each color and labeled with permanent marker. These flat boxes store easily in tackle bags or on-board boxes. Today, if Chartreuse is the hot color I only have one box out.

Edd