musky rockets? any good?

its that time of year again and i have been updating my trolling lure selection (like it needs it) and would like any input on either of these some what newer lures. the talonz slashers have my attention and musky rockets look well built. before i may waste any money i was wondering if anyone has any experience with these lures. cpt larry hooked me up with all sorts of info on the mordas series from musky guys webpage last time which i endend up ordering a few (like 6), so here i am again asking advice on newer lures. thanks for any info. zach

http://www.muskymaniacs.com for the musky rockets

couldn't resist- it takes over a month to get them so i sucked it up and ordered 5 jointed/straight musky rockets. ouch.... but the most expensive lures i own are the ones that haven't caught a fish. dealing w/ mr. jones (do all people that musky fish have the last name jones?) was a pleasure. being the pain in the a** that i am i asked for a custom color and he was more than happy to do it for me. nice people and great communication.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah and they look like they will hold up for more than a year also. not the cheapest though! glad i could help you as i didn't even know they existed 3 months ago. new lure company. did you get straight or jointed one?

recieved my lures and i dont think i will ever buy another wiley after seeing how much better these are built. 10x better paint job and an actual protective finish on these unlike wiley's clear laquer non-existant finish. built like tanks. best built lures i own.

did extremely well on the musky rockets during the tourney first time pulling them, plan on selling most of my trolling lures to stock up on these and that says alot. the only lure in the past 15 years that i have bought that i have been 100% happy with and performed as good as expected! deadly wobble and unbelieveable paint jobs, best hooks ever on a stock plug, strong screw eyes, triple split rings, thick clear coat and i could just go on about them. imo i have wasted alot of $ on cheaply made plugs. had them over 6 mph and held great. highly recommend to anyone who wants to catch fish. even selling some of my wileys to get more! i am a muskyrocket fan. our wiley's got hit 1x and the rockets 4x- no comparision with almost equal running time.

thanks for showing me those this weekend zach, they look really well made and considering i lost a chunk out of my wiley kowalski, I'm a bit sensitive to that now. and your success rate speaks for itself :yes:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

u lost a chuck of wood out of that plug? no way. dont know what to say other than try out these rockets. i dont think that could ever happen these. i feel for you, b/c when u got that plug i am sure you thought it would be good for some time. sorry nitro. the only wileys i am keeping are the 5" deep divers and 4 headshakers, everything else, gone.

well its still serviceable with a bit of work...only about a dime sized and thin on the side behind the joint, but it just pisses me off. probably should send it back and have him repaint it. that's the part I'm most upset about...the repair itself is simple. what would you do?

complain and be dissapointed on all wileys durability. these wileys are good for a short time, then they fall apart imo. not the toughest plug made. it only has clear laquer as a top coat. i would talk to dale wiley but it may take some time for him to get back to you, it does for me when i try every single time. idk? for how much they cost you should be able to hand them down to your kids but we know that doesn't happen. i would be p*ssed and most likely never spend big $ on his plugs again and he would never miss the $ as busy as he is pumping out plugs. just my 2 cents.

I'm just messin around. its safe and sound in an old lure package awaiting its return. thanks again, nice lure though I'm surprised by how subtle the thump is. by the looks of it i was expecting more

• 3 weeks later...