2010 CROP OF BUCKS ! (UPDATED 7-30-10)

I've got to believe that the early spring, which has brought an abundance of food 3 to 4 weeks earlier than normal, is going to grow some really nice bucks..

I was at my camp last weekend and had 2 come out that had antler growth already.. One of them had much more than I would have ener imagined this time of year

• 2 weeks later...

Jay

i added more clover to original plot. No difference yet, they have other food and clover to hit .

T-barb Horns are crazy this year.

DO YOU GUY'S THINK THIS BUCK WILL ONLY BE A BIG 6 POINTER THIS YEAR ???????

orkRi.jpg

This buck picture was taken in MAY 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the narley knobs at the bases of antlers already

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Yankee get cameras in NOW. You can get a great inventory of deer before season. Helps to know what your waiting for & what should pass.

Do you guy's realy think that last buck picture i have above is only going to be a 6 pointer ??????

Jerry

Runnin Rebel

Rick,

You continue with the GREAT HONEST ANSWERS your famous for ! I have no clue either.

Lets wait till Dr. deer ROB LEGACY's shows up here. Then he can tell me to take it out of gene pool or not.

Jerry i promise that that deer will be more than a six pointer. Just remember one thing guys. These deer wont be shedding velvet till september and thats a long ways away.

GREAT NEWS ROB !!! I hope you are correct. Now I need you to do me a favor and sit in the middle of a long tree fall and baby sit a lonely racoon will I kill this Phantom 6 pt. Then we can ALL wash the mud off him AGAIN.

Jerry

RUNNIN Rebel

Lets hope he is one of these to bangers from last fall.

vSNMA.jpg

• 1 month later...

Holy Cow,

This 6 pointer started to split EVERY WHERE on his rack ! Almost looks like a split brow tyne on one side & drop kicker starting on the other side. This would make him a 9 point at least ??? But if those nobs split above that drop kicker who knows 10 + ?????

It looks like it could be the same deer....same main frame, and the bases look the same. Body size....maybe 3.5 yrs old? Jerry, I think if you could hold your itchy trigger finger off him one more year you would have a true trophy animal. Great main frame and bases to support a BIG rack in the future. I would love to see the trail cam pictures of him next year!!!! May god give you the willpower to let him walk this fall if he is under your stand lol :D .

• 2 months later...