Olcott 5/25 Best Day on Lake O

Couldn't resist after reading all the reports on this forum, thanks to all that posted. Sites like these really help in planning a quick trip.

We went NW to 100 fow and started marking fish. I set the deep side riggers and my nephew started setting the oposite side planner boards at about 6 AM. Before we got 4 rods in the water we got our first hit on the deep rigger, short lead down 50. It came on a white echip with little boy blue, nice teenage king.

DSCF0438.jpg

We abandoned the planner boards and set our sites on kings. The next 3 fish all came on the same set up working over same water. Decided to pull a spoon and add a chart. echip with blue/green fly. While sending it down took a small king. Things slowed so we set out our first wire dipsy. A white/glow spin doc with packer fly. Set on #3 out 200, this rig had two hits for the trip one coho landed and one big boy that peeled line and cut through 50lb leader after dancing and spinning on the surface ;( .

Worked out a little deeper and started changing out spoons as we didn't have a hit on one for the first 2 hours. Within 15 minutes of setting a mag boy girl (renamed HeShe) back 50 down 60 it fired and started screaming. After a 10 min battle and lots of yelling to clear lines my nephews Josh and Joe landed a 20# king, best on my boat to date. Things slowed after that and we picked away at a couple more but the bite ended for us at around 10 AM. We went 10 for 12 on the morning and were cleaning fish by 11:30.

DSCF0441.jpg

The Crew

DSCF0443.jpg

20# and 17# Best Yet 8)

It's a 1990 215 Tempest. Was looking for a fixerupper after trading in my 225 Sea Ray for a New 260 Sea Ray Sundancer. The wife would kill me if one drop of blood, slime or scale were found.

I don't dare tell her I think I have lots more fun with that old Penn Yan. It,s a great fishing platform, easy on gas, nice to trailer and handles the 2-4 footers pretty well.

2005_0605Image0075.jpg

225 Sea Ray, traded in

2005_0703Image0081.jpg

260 Sea Ray, wifes boat!

DSCF0416.jpg

My favorit baot 8)