Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS When fishing deep mid summer and after setting the riggers. What do you guys put out next. Does the copper off the boards go out or the dypsies?? I had some big tangles last summer and just trying to figure out if it would help to put one out first before the other???? copper first or dypsies first??? Thanks.

====================

The first thing I do is start sending a copper back, while its going back I set my 2 riggers. Then I atacth the copper to a board. Then I start the dipsy out on the same side and then the next copper is out and as soon as its attatched to the board the next dipsy goes out

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

For the first couple years that we ran copper I would bring in the dipsy before putting the copper out again because i ran into the same problems as you. Once i got sick of that i learned that if you allow like 100 feet of backing out with the copper before you put on the board then it shouldn't tangle. Once you get a feel for the copper you'll be able to put them out in any order it's just trial and error unless you don't mind taking the dipsy in if the copper goes off.

It is ok to put out divers first as I start them going out before my Riggers go into the water. The key is to let the copper out slowly, make sure it is tight once its fully out then send it out on the board slowly so it doesn't free fall into your diver.

Thanks Andy. It might have been the Mag dipsies I was using for the first time. I wasn't very impressed with them. I went back to using the standard size and didn't have anymore problems.

When we run a mag dipsey it goes no higher than a 1 setting and most of the time a .5 setting. Those mag rings really pull those divers to the sides. More than you know! I'm betting that's definitely your problem. However on the Yankee we let the Coppers out last. down the chute then attach it to the board and slide it down. If your using walleye boards they may not be pulling to the side enough, and on turns you are laying your copper right on top of your wires divers.

Mag dipsies will flip on the higher setting if you let them out to fast. If it flips it will then be running closer to your stern and all screwed up. The mags work great, but you must deploy at a slower rate than the regulars.

Let the copper out slowly down the chute. Stop it every so often and let it get tight, then let out more. It sinks pretty fast if you just "dump" it. You can dump it if it is the first thing out, but i still make it get tight once in a while.

I will then put it on the walleye board. Let it go out down the chute and father than I think if I have a dipsey in the water. I will then reel it up and into place in my spread.

Let it out slowly and make the line get tight, then let out more line. Repeat until all your line is out to where you want it.