5/22 - Today Jeff and his brother came all the way from the Jersey Shore with his son Jacob and his niece Sara. They were tipped off by my Monday and Tuesday crew that the fishing in Lake Ontario is pretty exciting. So, I made the poor kids get up and on the boat by 5:30am and we left for what we heard was a tough bite. We sat down in 60 fow right off Wilson harbor and the screen was LOADED with bait and Salmon. So we set lines on a NW troll. We tried to run a high low program today. High for some cohos to satisfy the kids, and low to try and WOW the kids with a MONSTER Salmon. It took a few minutes after we got set up to entice a fish, but once we did it was a steady pick until about noon. We never saw a Coho, but the skippy Kings put up enough of a fight to put some smiles on the kids faces. Our downriggers were going anywhere from 50-80. The spoon of the day was our Northern King Sea Sick Waddler fished on our 70 rigger. The 80 rigger went with an Northern King THAT spoon as did our 50 rigger with a Northern King dimple light Glow Coyote. We ended up throwing back five Salmon that really needed a few more years to grow up, and that was fully understood when this guy hit the deck and they saw what I meant:

SU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMDA1MjItMDc0MC5qcGc.jpg

This guy weighed a hair over 19 pounds. Not huge, but a very good representation of a Spring King, and compared to the 12-15" Salmon we were catching this was a treat. Our program today consisted of 3 riggers, 4 wires, 2 short cores off one Otter boat and a 300 or 400 off the other otter boat. Just about everything took a shot. Jeff and family went home with a few bags of Salmon fillets, and the kids went home with a smile. To top it off on their way they got to see Niagara Falls, and they tasted some wings from Duffs. Here are some other shots from today:

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

5/23 - My brother Craig and I took our girlfriends out today, and the weather was exactly what they wanted.....sun and flat seas. Think they cared about catching fish? Nope! All they wanted was to get a sun tan, well they need to learn that those come faster than normal when your trolling on Lake Ontario. On the way out at 9a.m. (yeah that's right 9a.m.) I made a few calls and the story was that it was slow for EVERYONE. So, we just rolled West and pulled in at 4 mile creek before we started to set lines. It didn't take long and we were slowly moving rods. All Cohos for the most part, and there were some real beauties tipping the scale at 7-9 pounds. A-TOM-MIK Coho flies (Blue/Green), Dreamweaver SS's (Firecracker), and A-TOM-MIK Salmon flies (Hypnotist) were doing the trick. Around noon our ten color pulling a Moonshine Carbon 14 started to sing, and when that fish hit the deck we were pleasantly surprised. a 13 pound Atlantic Salmon! Thank you Canada! That fish went back to play another day. We pulled lines shortly there after and headed for the marina. Girls were baked, and our stomachs were empty. It was a pleasant day on the big pond, and we will be out Monday and Tuesday. Check out some pictures from today:

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg