New to site

dane

Name: Dane

Home Port: St Inigoes Creek (off Chesapeak Bay)

Boat Name/Type: Captain's Treasure / 22' Grady White Seafarer

I fish for: in the bay: rockfish. In Lake Erie: walleye and steelhead

==================

New to the forum - and will be fishing Lake Ontario for the first time this fall - mid September.

We will be towing our boat up to the Oswego area. Any information/recommendations on marinas, boat launches, best species to fish for in September, trolling techniques, lures, spoons, etc. will be very much appreciated.

We will be driving up from southern Maryland - hope to make this an annual fall trip.

Any local tackle shop recommendations for up-to-date fishing reports and hot lures would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dane

Welcome to the site, you’ll find a great bunch of guys here…for your trip in the fall I’d highly recommend staying in Port Ontario. Oswego is by far my favorite port but by September you’re better off fishing in front of the Salmon river. We usually stay at port Ontario lodge and hit up the little salmon river boat launch which is close to the motel. Flasher flies, mag spoons and j plugs should all work that time of the year. Once again welcome to the site!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It appears our plans for a mid-September trip to the lake have to change. What would be better, early September or late October? We are hoping to catch salmon and steelhead.

Also, where would be the best place to go out of for early Sept or late Oct?

Thanks in advance,

Dane