Fished Henderson Harbor (Henderson Bay?) for the first time on Saturday. Was hoping to find some of the lake walleye in the bays still, but talked to a guy at the marina that didn't think we'd have much luck with walleye, so we fished for perch most of the day instead. Ended up only catching a handful of them, but had fun exploring all the different structure and learning our way around.

I'd like to learn more about this area, so if anyone has any advice I'm all ears! We used to fish Black River Bay in May, and it seems like the walleye were in there from the spawn still.

We're planning on going back again soon, and any advice on where/when/how to catch walleye around Henderson Harbor is appreciated! We just have a 16' open style boat, so I assume we're not going to want to venture out on the big lake.

Thanks,

Duane

Just past the barrier islands on the north side of the bay is a very productive reef for both eyes and huge smallies. The later in the season the less likely that you will hit eyes there-but you can hammer some big smallies there. Fish all sides of the reef. Fish the deeper water off Bull Rock and Chaumont Bay between Cherry Island and the north shore.

Walteye

Hi,

Im from Ottawa and its about an hour or more shorter drive here then to cobourg where I go for Trout and salmon, so I was wondering if anyone could let me know if this area or another nearby area is recommended for thse species? Also I like to start earlier in the season if possible than what cobourg offers - ie June 24 is about the start of the season in cobourg area normally

thanks