2010 A-TOM-MIK Challenge (Oswego)

PLEASE CONSIDER EARLY REGISTRATION

If you stop by / sign up or require a registration asap via mail (I will throw in a childs T shirt if you have children fishing with you)

(first 30 entrants with children)

Ask for Steph at weigh in and mention this code: "A-TOM-MIK", I ordered some new T's in adult size small and medium for kids, I got 30 of them, black or grey

3 Basin Street

Oswego, NY 13126

(315) 345-6683 (Chris)

-The A-TOM-MIK Challenge will Be held on June 26, 2010

-You can fish from any port in Oswego and Cayuga Counties.

-Entry forms will be available at St Peter's Outfitters in the Oswego Marina starting Wednesday May 26th.

-Entry fee is $60.00

-Big Fish entry fee is $10.00 per boat.

-This event is shaping up to be the best Oswego one day contest ever with sponsors to be listed soon.

-The fabulous Joe Woodword Catering outfit will provide great food

-Enjoy the party for $15.00 per person.

-If there are more sponsors who would like to play part please E Mail Gerry or myself:

Gerry Bresadola

Tom Allen

-All sponsors welcome

Shane Zimmerman Big Fish Award $300 cash each event (x3) sponsored by A-TOM-MIK

http://www.atommiktrollingflies.com/zim ... morial.htm

-Also free entry into the 2nd Annual 2010 A-TOM-MIK Triple Crown Award

A-TOM-MIK will pay $1000.00 cash to the highest ranked team over-all

http://www.atommiktrollingflies.com/triple_crown.htm

Consolation prizes for squares sold

Penn 345 GTi reels loaded with copper and Ugly Stick rods

NOTE

Please sign up as soon as you possibly can to make it as easiest as possible for us to make appropriate arrangements for food and prizes

TOM

A-TOM-MIK Challenge Rules

Meeting: There will be a rules review meeting held Friday June 25th at 6:00 P.M.. A team representative should be present. The tournament’s intent is to fish one day. Hours of competition will be 5:00 A.M. to 1 P.M. on Saturday June 26th, unless altered by the tournament committee for inclement weather. The dinner will be served at 4:00P.M., with an awards ceremony to follow. In the event of inclement weather, a raffle will be held with the same prizes and placements structure discussed at the meeting. The raffle will take place at the dinner party. The teams need not be present to win the raffle.

 Teams may enter and exit from any port in Oswego or Cayuga County.

 Team Structure: Teams are not limited to a maximum number of anglers. Allowable max number of rods will be based on 4 anglers (8 rods). If you fish fewer than four anglers you may only run the number of rods allowed by law (2 per angler).

 Tournament fishing is limited to US waters.

 Fishing in tributaries is prohibited. For the purpose of the tournament all harbors and rivers will be considered tributaries.

 Radio Use: All participating boats must be equipped with an operational VHF radio.

 Open communication will be in effect throughout the tournament.

 Start and End Times: Teams will be allowed to leave their ports at 5:00 A.M. and may start fishing immediately. End time is 1:00 P.M. All fish entered at weigh-in must be landed before 1:00 pm.

Weigh-in:

 Upon returning to port the cooler containing the day’s catch must be immediately transported to the weigh-in site, Oswego Marina. Weigh-in starts at 12:00 P.M.. A team representative must be in line for weigh-in no later than 3:00 P.M. with catch.

 At least one team member must remain with the days catch until surrendered to the Weigh-in committee.

 All coolers must be marked with the team name.

 All coolers will be considered sealed at the end of the day’s fishing and handling of fish by anyone other than a tournament official is prohibited.

 Coolers must arrive at the Pre-Check Station free of loose ice or water. Ice in cooler has to be bagged. The tournament committee strongly suggests opening the drain plug on the cooler prior to pre-check.

 Weighed in fish will be identified by hole punch in tail, after weight has been recorded.

Scoring: (based on a 2 person limit)

Tournament limit shall be 6 fish, no Lake trout or Atlantic salmon allowed.

Minimum size for trout and salmon is 18 inches, except steelhead is 21 1/2. Certified measuring boards will be used at the weigh in site. Each fish will score 10 points. One point will be scored per pound of fish weighed.

 If any fish submitted for weigh-in is found to be smaller than the minimum size established by the tournament, the undersized fish will be disallowed. In addition, 10 points plus 1 point per pound of the undersized fish will be deducted from the team’s score.

Liability: Every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Tournament Committee to protect persons and property during the contest. However, the Committee, its judges, sponsors, officers, directors or employees of the same will not be held responsible for the safety of persons or property participating in the tournament. All participants further understand and agree to hold harmless members of the aforementioned groups from any liability or claim of damages.

 All tournament boats should carry liability insurance.

 Each boat owner will be required to sign a liability disclaimer upon purchasing derby ticket.

Additional Sponsor:

The Eastern Lake Ontario Salmon and Trout Assoc. (ELOSTA) is sponsoring

Big Fish $250.00 for the largest fish caught by an ELOSTA member

If you are not a member you can sign up for a one year membership for $10 bucks

See Gerry Bresadola

Well worth the membership, I have been to these meetings, very knowledgeable staff and biologists that attend

Dan Bishop is on hand and an avid member to answer questions and keep interest and info flowing

Official Sponsor List:

FAT NANCY'S Rob Ripka

(12) $25 Gift Certificates

ELOSTA (listed above)

$250 Cash Big Fish Prize

DREAMWEAVER Shane Ruboyianes

(5) $50 Gift Certificates

MICHIGANSPORTSMAN.COM Capt. John King

$200 Merchandise

OSWEGO ECONO-LODGE Shane Broadwell

1 Free Night Stay

STEAMERS BAR AND GRILL Shane Broadwell

$25 Gift Certificate

US Captain's Training Class Captain Neil Smith

$200 Transferable gift certificate off tuition / Masters license class

LAKE ONTARIO OUTDOORS Troy Creasy

$100 Cash Donation

ST. PETERS OUTFITTERS

Gift Certificates to tackle shop

WOODY'S TACKLE Dave Wood

(4) $25 Gift Certificates

SCREWY LOUIES Brendon Shambo

CATY JIGS Mark Nobert (makes our Torpedo Trolling Weights)

(2) 13# Torpedo Trolling Weights

LARRY'S OSWEGO SALMON SHOP

www.GREATLAKESTACKLESHOP.com Capt. Pete Alex

www.SPOONPULLERS.com Norm and Jason Ciupak

(4) $25 A-TOM-MIK Gift Certificates

ALL SEASONS SPORTS Capt. Jim Dence

(2) $50 Gift Certificates

TEAM TALL TAILS Brian Garret

(4) $25 Child Gift Certificates Wal Mart

OSWEGO MARINA Bernie Bacon

$100 Gas Card to Oswego Marina

SILVER HORDE / GOLD STAR (Kelly Morrison)

Merchandise

BOB'S OUTDOORS

Product Raider Spoons and fish holders

ROCKETS Al Van Dusen & "Rocketman" Mike

Merchandise in Rockets cut bait

RAINBOW TROUT LODGE

Free Night stay with purchase

BASS PRO Auburn

Product

OWNER HOOKS COORPERATION

Product and hats

A-TOM-MIK

$300 Cash Donation

$300 Big Fish Cash Donation (Shane Zimmerman Memorial Trophy & Cup Over-All)

$1000.00 A-TOM-MIK Cash Prize Triple Crown Award for Over-All accumulated points

(10) $50 A-TOM-MIK Tackle Packs

2-Penn 345 GTi/Copper/Ugly Stick Combos for "NFL" squares consolation prizes (given out at Fair Haven)

Total Sponsorship so far just over $4000.00 in cash and prizes

100% of sponsorship and entry to be paid out

TYVM sponsors

If you would like to become a sponsor please let us know !!

***Just a word about our sponsors in general: Tackle manufacturers, Tackle shop owners, Online sites, Captains and the like, and all included above. The goal for us all is to keep our businesses vibrant, to maintain a healthy business does not come easy and is not a given. One of the first names I often recall is the Silver Horde name, most of us who have at least 20 years in can respect what this small business family operated gig is about. Upon my prompt for sponsorship no hesitation at all was taken with an answer. I guess its easy to see why they are still here doing what they were doing over 20 years ago. Thank you for that !!!! Please let it be known when it comes to sponsorship, an utmost amount of appreciation is deserved. Thanks to all our sponsors who are making our event look more attractive by the day, without you our events would not have that much anticipated appeal !!!! ***

Tom

NOTE: It is important that at least one member of your team attend the Captain's meeting on June 25th at 6pm.

-As an added incentive, besides all the great anglers that will be there, we are going to raffle a $100.00 Gas certificate compliments of the Oswego Marina

-Each team that has a representative in attendance will be eligible for the drawing

-There will be no charge for this terrific prize, just the smiling face of a team member

Our food selections have been confirmed:

Joe Woodard does a great job, Joe puts the food on for the Jim Hartagan Memorial (at seasons' end) ran by Tommy Germain every year

(At Oswego Marina)

We are very excited about this and surely hope the word spreads

Hot Dogs and Burgers served during weigh in hours. 12 noon till 3pm.

Dinner is at 4pm

On the menu:

Grilled chicken

Smoked turkey

Pulled pork

Baked beans

Salt potatoes

Cole slaw

Tossed salad

Rolls and butter

Soda and water

Again, please consider "early entry" so we can get a good idea of how much food Joe needs to prepare

TYVM All

Tom

Hey Tom.

I would like to add an over night stay gift certificate at the Econo lodge Inn & Suites w/ $25 gift card to Steamers package as a prize for your tournament. It sounds like things are coming together nicely for this tournament. As you know we have the "Oswego Festival of Sail" tall ship event that same weekend. However let me know if you need anything else, what ever I can do to help.

Shane

No Sir

Per "Team"

Low dollar, somewhat family oriented, just a downscale version of the highly amped up professional level Tourney.

These events are heading towards 5 years old from some of our 3 associated ports

We have averaged from 50 to over 100 teams last few years

You get to fish among some of the big dogs as well as your friends. See where you rank up without hitting the ole pocket too hard

Fun stuff and also a certain level of seriousness amongst the regulars

Try it out

Tom

We strongly discourage taking entries at the Captains meeting

So much to accomplish this would be an added chore

It is possible yes, but please seek another option like calling Chris @ St Peters and he will send you a registration asap vial snail mail

3 Basin Street

Oswego, NY 13126

(315) 345-6683 (Chris)

If you stop by / sign up or require a registration asap via mail (I will throw in a childs T shirt if you have children fishing with you)

(first 30 entrants with children)

Ask for Steph at weigh in and mention this code: "A-TOM-MIK", I ordered some new T's in adult size small and medium for kids, I got 30 of them, black or grey

TYVM

Tom

Thanks for the clarification, that's the answer for us to enter!!!!!!! I will start working on a crew.

Maybe we can reunite with the King that made a fool out of is last year!

Lavarock

No Sir

Per "Team"

Low dollar, somewhat family oriented, just a downscale version of the highly amped up professional level Tourney.

These events are heading towards 5 years old from some of our 3 associated ports

We have averaged from 50 to over 100 teams last few years

You get to fish among some of the big dogs as well as your friends. See where you rank up without hitting the ole pocket too hard

Fun stuff and also a certain level of seriousness amongst the regulars

Try it out

Tom

To re-iterate the ports that are eligible for our 2010 A-TOM-MIK Challenge I posted a couple maps that clearly note boundaries:

To the East it would be the Sandy Creek area and Sandy Pond as noted on the map

To the West it would be the Fair Haven area and Little Sodus Bay as noted on the map

After a couple personal messages and E mails I would like to make an additional note:

As stated in rule #1:

 Teams may enter and exit from any port in Oswego or Cayuga County.

I believe the confusion has arisen due to the fact another event, a pre-fish event for the Oswego Pro/Am (A-TOM-MIK/Fat Nancy's Pre-fish Friday) we actually allowed some boats to leave their ports and fish towards Oswego or Mexico

THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR THE 2010 A-TOM-MIK CHALLENGE

Thank you for understanding

If you would like further explanation please call me

315-207-0391 (you may need to try more than once)

Tom

No special entry for the Triple Crown:

Yes St. Peters is the only place for entry for the 2010 Oswego event, I am sure we will broaden that for future reference.

Next season I plan on building a site for the events with online registration, and we also plan on adding what we can to the event

Due to liability on A-TOM-MIK and ease on us our decision was to keep it simple for this year

The Little Salmon River venue has had well over 100 teams in the past (: It would be great for Oswego to work towards that goal

Tom