Live Bait

Try the "Bait Barn" just south of the west river launch on rt. 245 south of the hamlet of Middlesex. 585-374-9765 your at the lauch with flxtroutman if I remember right? come back towards naples from the marina and take a left on parish road...when you come to 245 take a left and its down just a little ways on the right look for the sign out by the road the had sawbellies last time I was there.

the bait shop on city pier Canandaigua had a sign up last week( sawbellies in ) I am not sure what time they open though.

IMHO, you will want to keep them in a good size cooler with a bubbler, or their survival rate goes way down. If you use a 5 gallon pail they swim into the wall of the pail too much and will die. Just my opinion.

Thanks Mike - The pier was out of bait so I went back to the riggers and dipseys. Marked a ton of fish in 180' - 220' FOW suspended between 25' - 75' near Vine Valley. Ran SD / flies and flasher / fly combos. Picked up a cookie cutter 4# laker on a blue flasher / fly. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut some days!

There is a new bait shop on 5 & 20 between Canandaigua and Geneva, they advertised they had live sawbellies for sale. Don't know name of shop or hours, just drove by as I was coming back from Keuka Lake.