Association Island Help

It is my first time fishing on Lake Ontario this coming weekend and I was hoping that someone could give me an idea of where to start looking for Salmon or Lake Trout. We will be in the area of Association Island and do not even know where to start. My son and I are novices to the lake and any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated. Thanks

its early for salmon in that area

for lakers head out the trench ( south ) between stony point lighthouse and stony island... run out to about 90-100 fow and set up very close to bottom and troll out from there .... they should be somewhere between 100-180 fow

possible walleye and northern action troll from assoc island northward up into black river bay 20-60 fow

for lakers run cowbells and flatfish SLOWLY around 1.4 - 1.8 or spoons ( greens a good color to start with ) ; spin dr's and flies may work also

eyes and northerns try stick baits shallow and deep divers

if you have a radio channels 68 and 19 are common up that way

GOOD LUCK and post a report on how you do

i caught a 17pnd king up there the 29th of last year. think it was the first one caught up there that year. My father was doing more northerns than eyes out of chamount bay during the derby in deep water , go figure. if it was me i would follow what bottom feeder says, u can flat line the light house and rays and sawyers bay area if you dont have d-riggers

On Saturday I ran to the Stony Point Lighthouse - Stony Island area and trolled for 4hrs with spoons and flies not hits all day. On Sunday I trolled up into the Black River and in front of its mouth and had the same luck. I must be doing something wrong. I marked a lot of baitfish and fish, but had no luck not even a release. Does anyone have a clue of what I could be doing wrong? :(

was a slow wknd everywhere on the east end.... speed is very critical.... what depths did you run out by the light; i found the lakers in 150 fow on sunday

if ya wanna run out with me someday let me know... i am far from a pro but i can atleast give ya the basics to get ya going in the right direction

I was only in 100' of water and I was trolling at 1.6 - 1.8 mph at the ball. I was pulling spoons and flies with flashers mainly green in color. Will you be out this weekend? If so I will give you a call on the radio, my boat name is Reel Twisted. I don't own any cowbells or spin doctors yet, maybe that was also a problem.

planning on being out there on sat... your speed and colors were good but dont be afraid to change up your speed if nothing is happening.... even drop into neutral for a few seconds to let your spoons flutter down a bit

IF your gonna target lakers definately get some cowbells and either peanuts or flat fish ( henchens marina in the harbor has decent selection of bells )

this time of year watch your sonar and fish the most consistent marks with at least 1 of your riggers and spoons... may be browns/steelhead/lakers or kings.... not really a thermacline set up yet to target so chase the marks

definately get deeper as long as your comfortable out there

i am on channel 68