Cayuga Tuesday May 25th Dean's/Long Point

Fished from 4pm til dark and it was a great night to be out. Unfortunately the fishing sucked. I had more fun shooting the sh*t with Lil Jake on the radio than I did fishing. Brought my girlfriend along and just before dark we finally got our first bite. It was a 4lb LT. I had the boat running about 2.1 mph and she was struggling to reel that "little" fish in. I told her wait until we get her a 10 or 12lbr!

We landed it, she was happy, that was the biggest fish she ever caught. Once we got it in and released it, I showed her where the scrub brush, soap, and water pail were located. She scrubbed my entire deck down....nice!

Wayne,

How deep a water were you running? Was the fishfinder lit up and just no takers? We're planning on a trip Friday from Dean's as the kids are off school. I'm thinking we'll be out in the AM provided I can get the gang out of bed, none of them gets sick ahead of time, and the office phone stays quiet. I've been patiently waiting over a month to get the boat wet and have been jinxed every time.

Greg

Wayne,

I had one taker around 7 o'clock and then nothing until minutes before dark when we had a double, one on the copper and one on the wire. Only three fish but they were quaility fish 8.5-9.5. I'll be out again tonight if your around and would like to go---bring your girlfriend, my boats a mess. :lol: Mark

Was out the 26th in the morning at the southend not much to report ;( boat ran great . There wasn't any bait to be found untill we got up to Crowbar pt. There was bait on bottom and at 40'. Had two releases , no one home. Off to the Hospital tomarrow for a new left knee. 8) Keep the reports up it gives me something to drool over the next month :yes:

You guys are really messing with me on these locations...Crowbar point? I still haven't figured out where exactly Rocky Dock is. Please advise.

Greg

PS Good luck with the knee Dave. :) If you have been in pain be ready to have it go away....and no more limp. My mother-in-law stayed with us after hers a few years back. 6 weeks later she said her only regret was not getting it done 2 years earlier!

Crow Bar Point is the point below the girl scout camp on the west side below Toughannock and above the Yacht Club. Big can bouy right on the point. Rocky Dock is above Taughannock, above the boys scout camp but below sheldrake. You'll recognize this area by short cliffs w/ cottages above it and docks that are built along side the rock, hence rocky dock. I good way to find it straight across to the west side from Miliken station then head south. Rocky Dock is an area that has dramatic bottom contour changes and will take your rigger weights if your not careful. That said I love Rocky dock and know it well. I have a few go to way points on my gps.

Mower.

I'll be on Cayuga sat, sun and mon. Catch me on 68 and if I can I'll help you get on some fish. we've been ding well lately.

Wayne,

How deep a water were you running? Was the fishfinder lit up and just no takers? We're planning on a trip Friday from Dean's as the kids are off school. I'm thinking we'll be out in the AM provided I can get the gang out of bed, none of them gets sick ahead of time, and the office phone stays quiet. I've been patiently waiting over a month to get the boat wet and have been jinxed every time.

Greg

Fish finder was lit up when we were in 175 feet or deeper. Inside 150 I couldn't mark a fish but the one that we did catch was in 115 feet of water. The lake has changed a lot the last week or so and should be setting up pretty soon. Water temps at the surface and down to about 35 feet are 10 degrees warmer than they were 10 days ago.

I am not too confident in my cheap fish finder and am installing a new one tonight.

Fished North End Fri - Sun every morning. At around quiting time 11:00 am Sun found some good marks shallow, 50 -60 and lost two good fish back to back. One got off and the other broke the 10lb leader. Plan to see if they are still there Sat morning. Seen this shallow scenario work before but proof would be putting some in the cooler

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png