Chaumout Bay Walleyes

I can't wait to see what kinda numbers the big boys fom the MWC pull out of Henderson this wknd. Last year they had horrific conditions so this year should be better.

• 2 weeks later...

Abit late to help with your trip, but I see that the winners of the MWC tourney at Henderson caught their fish off the tip of Grenadier Island (just outside of Mud Bay). They were pulling stickbaits in the deeper water.. not sure how deep they were running them. I'll hopefully be at Mud Bay next weekend. I'll post my results. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris) ps.. Size of tourney fish were impressive, but numbers were a bit disappointing. Lots of 0's on the board!

I fished the MWC last week-prefishing all areas. Chaumont gave up a few eyes in prefishing-I caught 2 there during the week (6 and 11#)-very slow fishing but watch for the HUGE drum! Fishing all over was better done deep (that is how the winners were fishing-2 oz snap wgt and deep diver blk/slvr Rogue). A lot of boats caught fish during the tourney just north of the Peninsula Pt. isthmus. I prefished there 2 days and could not get a bite going-marked a lot of bait in deep water (45-65)-marked fish coming up to 40' to the bait-I ran a dipsey on 0 pulling a blk/silvr Renosky down to 40'-marked fish coming up but not hitting ( possible lakers, but they are usually lazier and won't go up 25' for food). Lots of dinks at Sandy Pond- marks and bait along the wall south of HH-even the charters were complaining of finding bait and marks-but having a problem getting them to go. Good luck. My partner jigged up 2 eyes off Pillar Pt. on sonars during prefishing. I took a 14.5# cat off there on a worm harness.

Walteye