Fleas

Went out off Olcott this morning and when I brought my boards in the line was covered with fleas. I also had one pole with 20# test which also had fles on it.

Is it not a little early for fleas?

Shade

How cares what stupid tree it comes from. Either way it is still a pain in the a$$. Clogs my pool filter, clings to fishing lines and bothers people allergies. Every one of the stupid things should be cut down and burned. :)

Hey Indian, how funny is everybody now? Populus deltoides- otherwise known as Eastern Cottonwood. See all the green under Lake Ontario shoreline. I have 50 of them on my property. :o:D

800px-Populus_deltoides_range_map.png

Tank

The only lines it attached to was my Baided line that was running on my port side boards, the 20 lb that was on my starboard rigger and my planner board lines. My steel was fine and my flea flicker lines was fine. It was brown in color and felt and looked like fleas.

Shade

nice going tank , we were tring to have some fun here ...............geese...............seems early for fleas but the turky mating was a month early around here (Steuben Cty),the bait in seneca was early (so ive heard) and i had 65 deg on top 2 days ago at 11 am then close to 70 (69.5) by 3 in the afternoon on seneca ......so it coulda been fleas ,, rub a handfull in your eyes and if it hurts and stings like h$ll its probly fleas. :lol:

WOW! :o ....I wasn't try'in to start a fight guys. I grew up in Michigan and what we call cotton wood/bottom brush out there is a different plant from popular trees out here. Kind of like how we have festivals for the spring sucker runs out there and wouldn't touch a bullhead if you paid us......other way around out here :$ .

Sorry if I offended.

I love suckers........on the end of a spear. Cottonwood in upstate ny is like the buckeye in ohio(chestnut tree). Leave that area and nobody knows what your talking about. If we all spoke latin, nobody would get confused.

Not to beat this horse to death, but Populus deltoides is also called the eastern poplar, but that white crap is actually the dispersal mechanism for the seedds of all of the poplar family of trees. There are 3 species that all inhabit the northeast 2 of wich surround our big blue and the 3rd is only on the east and west coast, but I agree with most of you in that they should all be cut down and burned.

on the property i hunt i used to cut down a few every jan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,makes great forage for hungry deer they flock to that stuff like ducks on a loaf of bread....discovered that many years ago after a ice storm in november......made for some easy hunting..