wire divers not working

Hard to say without more info. FOr the last month my divers have been over the top for production. I use 1000' wire with 100' of 30#mono to adjust the slider. I generally set them on 5 or so, to get them away from the boat and the rest is up to the fish.

I use 1000 feet of wire also with 30lb.leader.I also tip my leader with 15lb. flouro carbon usually with the slide diver set on 2 or 3. Fished Niagara Bar today with 2 divers and 2 riggers and did not fire a diver varying from 110 to 240 out. I used greens and purples in regular and magnum sizes.

Thankyou for your help.

If your fishing the bar then the slide divers are going to be great for the cohos and rainbows. Swet them on a 5 and put them back there with something red or orange. If you want kings i would suggest straight dipsey divers with wire and set them DEEP.

Congradulations Yankee Troller and thankyou for responding. Iam looking for kings only-could you tell me why you feel dipseys would be more effective than slide divers, and if i may ask, do you feel dipsey colour can increase catch.I have been using black and clear slides/dipseys only in the past.

Thankyou for your consideration

Mark.

I have never used slide divers with wire so I dont know how deep they can go, but I know my wire rigs with a regular ring will achieve depths of 100+feet. Kings are generally deeper than 40' which is about the deepest i thougha slide diver could go, but I may be wrong.

As for color I love the purple metalic and clear dipseys, but i also have my share of black ones. Go with what works for you though.

yankee could probly add to this but a dypsy moves all around with waves and surges of the rod so the dyp. and spinny or spoon is dancing all over down there kinda teeses the fish , also the dyp.acts as a actractor,with a slide ya got some line between your dyp. and bait which sorta mellows out the action at your lure,spinny. i like the sliders for big steelies just leave it out there they will come/....

I have been able to get my slide divers down to about 60 / 65 feet under the right conditions, but that is about it. I fished the Bar all weekend and found the kings to be very deep. The shallowest a king came for us was about 90 feet down. We had our dipsy's out 200 to 250 feet to achieve the depths that the kings were at. We marked kings deeper but did not want to fish that deep.

Good luck.

Richard