We went out last Sunday morning and trolled out to 200' and back. We headed out on a NW troll and back SE. Ran riggers with all differnt kinds of spoons at 25' and 50' feet with cheaters and 2 dipsys with spin docs and flys out 100 and 200. No hits not much bait and only marked two fish, but it was a great day for a ride. Be back tomorrow to get at it again. We are new to the area, so kind of feeling our way around. Andy

Allrightythen... We didn't make it out today (took a little longer getting our new ride equiped), but we'll be out at dark 'o thirty tomorrow am. Give us a shout on the radio channel 68 and we'll let you know if we're doing anything... Looking forward to hearing a great report from today!! 8)

Hey Tim,

Mike and I went out of Port Bay at 5:30 this a.m. and headed west. We started fishing in 10 to 15 fow with planers and flat lines with split shots. Managed two fish (see attached)

This one hit a bomber long 'A' that was bigger that it was!!

AcXl9.jpg

This was bigger, and hit a Yo-Zuri black/white!

idBuA.jpg

We then decided to pull everything and go deep. We set up in 150 fow just west of the Chimeny's with dipsies and riggers. This steelhead hit a NK28 watermelon down 40 over 160. About fifteen minutes later, Mike landed a small coho on a Stinger Emerald Shiner down 30 over 180.

oNX5i.jpg

We'll be back out tomorrow a.m, and set up around 150 fow in front of the Chimney's. (The boat name is the 'Irish Wake'.) Give us a call.

Jim

Went out of Fair Haven on Wednesday. Didn't mark many at all :(. Went out east of the shoot from 70 fow out to 120 fow. Back to the west and again nothing. The guy at screwie Lewie's said the kings show up around July. Didn't try in close since I think everything is out in deeper water. I'm new to this spring fishing too. Got a good number of browns and coho's in shallow about 3 or 4 weeks back.

We've been runnining to the 400 ft. contour out of little sodus and have decent luck on steelhead right on top with light gear(6lb and noodle rods)also got beat bad buy what i'm guessing was a king after a 200 ft.run 85 ft. down over 400 ft. with a slide diver and whole alewive on a bait head.Parted the fish at the surface.......upgraded the 14 lb to 25 lb and will try tommorow :(

fished out of fairhaven all last week,got out everyday and fishing was horrible.i mean horrible,4or 5 rleases all week,small steelheah and small brown.tried everything in the box from 10 ft. out to 300.found nothing but cold water.from port bay to west nine mile. the few other boats did the same.on the weekend you get a few other boats searching with you but come monday your all by your seld out there and it's just a lot of water to search.didn't hear much about oswego and beyond. seems like any real good fishing is way to the west.way west ,like olcott and wilson. anyways i wouldn't rush to this area real soon.i got home last sunday and i called up there last nite and the last three days were the same,lotsa cold water.

good luck out there,please post new reports.....thanks john double j

My wife and I spent Friday and Saturday fishing Fair Haven, Friday we were skunked had a couple releases. Saturday we picked up a 6lb laker and got stopped coming in by the fish census group. They told us it was the second fish out of 50 boats. Depressing!

The fishing in the east end has been very difficult over the past week. If the calm weather persists we will have a stable thermo-cline shortly. We did find smaller browns were active Sunday night right into the dark. Marked bait and fish from the 30' range out to 120' yesterday but the fish are still inactive. Beware there is much debris that is floating in the scum lines.

We were out of Port Bay on Saturday and Sunday with no luck. Saturday we drove out NW to 200 and back and Sunday we stuck to a temp break and scum line around 70' with only one knock off. Tough fishing, but beautiful weekend to be out on the water. Back at it again next weekend. Andy

Andy don't get to discouraged the lake is in the process of setting up.. The fishing will be turning on very soon.. Between the rain and the warm weather we should be getting some stable fishing grounds in the next couple weeks... Let me know if you want to get out with Tim and I some time. We can give you a few trade secrets for fishing off of Sodus/Port Bay area...... Dale

Fished Fair Haven Thur. 5/27 thru. Sat. 5/29. Got two browns 5#and 6# in front of the bluffs. Fished between 30 and 60 ft. of water 20 ft. down. Got them on nk 28 watermellon with seeds.

Like Dale mentioned, you're welcome to come out with us and gain some of our insights. Hang tight, the fishing will improve soon enough and when it does, we'll be putting in the hours looking for those 40+ lb'ers this year!! :clap: Last week when we were out, we saw quite a few marks on the bottom over 250-300 fow. Ordinarily I would guess those to be lakers, but Billy V targeted those marks last year (I think or the year before) and found them to be kings. So it could be that they are currently super deep (I don't have the gear to get down that deep - heavy duty riggers and 25 lb weights), and we need the lake to set-up before they will come up. Patience my friends, patience....

Thank you guys. This site is the best. Full of great people who love to fish and are willing to share information to help others. I appreciate the support. We are having a great time learning the new area and getting used to fishing in a bigger boat. Still not used to being dry and comfortable while fishing in the Lake :lol: