Anybody on Cayuga this weekend?

Took my little boat to Whitney Point yesterday afternoon, got one 12" crappie and a small walleye. Still got a bunch of minnows left and figured I might run up to Cayuga tomorrow afternoon. Got to get the Wellcraft ready in the morning. I'm planning on trying some perching with the minnows and then do a little trolling in the last couple hours of daylight.

hey dont get caught using those minnows in cayuga if there from another body of water. with the vhs disease running around the dec asking ppl where they got there bait from and you need a special tap from the bait shop where they was bought at

I bought the minnows at Gander Mtn in Binghamton. I was given a slip with them that is supposed to be good for 7 days. Doesn't say anything about specific bodies of water you can or can't use them in. I figured they could be used in any body of NY state waters.

I hit Cayuga about 1:30 yesterday, man, was it hot! Not the fishing, but the weather, felt like a friggen cooked turkey! Bright sun, no wind, = no fish. Ran D/R's, wire divers and flasher flies, but no takers. Poor choice of times to fish, but the buyers for our house finally got a mortgage commitment and we have just 2 weeks to get out! Figured it would be our last chance to fish for awhile, so what the heck. About 7:00 PM we headed back to Treman and did some perch fishing outside the inlet. They were hitting fairly well so we had some fun and put the boat up without a skunk aboard. Looks like I'll be a saltwater fisherman now, as I'll be in S.E. PA, near the Delaware and Chesapeke Bays.

Looks like I'll be a saltwater fisherman now, as I'll be in S.E. PA, near the Delaware and Chesapeke Bays.

Dang, we're gonna miss you up here. Keep in touch here and send me a PM if you ever get tired of catching those big saltwater fish and want to get out for some salmon.

Yea, I'm looking forward to the Stripers, I think I'll only be about 30 or 40 minutes from the Susquehanna Flats, which is supposed to be hot in the spring. Then I can hit spots all along the Delaware shore of the DE bay from anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 hours. That's about the same time it takes me to hit Cayuga or Ontario. I'll probably use half the gas though, it's all flatlands. LOL! Many, many moons ago, growing up, I fished the Delaware Bay with my Dad and brothers. Back then it was old flat bottomed wooden skiffs you rented, and they would tow a string of skiffs out aways to fish. When you wanted to come in, you raised an oar. If ya had some money then, you would have a Firestone 7.5 outboard and could motor yourself out. Man, I'd sure like to turn back the clock 50 years and relive those days.

I'll be keeping an eye on the board for sure, and will have to make a trip or 2 north for the big Kings. That's all my brother said when I told hiim I was moving, " Well I guess we won't do anymore Salmon fishing".