Keuka 5/29/10 and 5/30/10

5/29/10 - Fished the west branch of Keuka, on the water by 6am. I had a bad case of the dropsy's. Dropped 2 fish on the divers, big weenie cornbread with green dolphin spin dr, 240 out on #2 setting. Dropped another on a diver, A-Tom-Mik hammer with white green dot spin dr, 280 out on #2 setting. Switched over to riggers with the same fly/flasher combination. Dropped fish on each fly again. Ended up finding fish on the north end of the lake in 60 fow water. Finally got 3 lakers to the net with 200' copper with big weenie cornbread and green dolphin spin dr. Picked up 1 more laker on a downrigger, 50 down with a carmel dolphin spin dr. and carmel dolphin big weenie vibrating fly. Back on short at 10am.

5/30/2010 - On the water by 5:30am. After finding a good amount of fish and bait in the north end on Sunday I headed right back to my way-points. Picked up 6 lakers on 200' copper with green dolphin spin dr. and cornbread big weenie fly. Boated 1 landlocked on a fixed cheater, 50' down on a small mixed veggies spoon. It was my first Keuka landlocked since 2006! Back at the dock by 10am.

No huge fish either day just typical Keuka lakers. Back at it tomorrow.

I took a couple kids out for 2 hrs sunday afternoon 2 to 4 pm did 7 total lakers about 1/2 mile from collage (towards pan yan) in 60 ft water green on gr flasher fly and green behind john deer like mentioned above all 2.5 to 3 lbrs ..it was agreat time watching the 2 go at it even had a double dypsy for em ,,,screen was full of bait and fish from 35ft to bottom ....

The biguns are there ya just gotta get through the little ones first, Ive never done it due to boycotting keuka for the last 20 years but ill bet some early morning shoreline trollin would put ya on some nice ones ..about 3 years back my barbers (hair cutter singular) wife got a 19lbr just up from the switz..

I fished the west branch on Saturday morning and used everything I had for the first 2.5 hours then at 10am I put on an 8" chrome dodger and a white deer hair fly. Put it down 50 feet over 170fow and it took off. Brought in the standard 21 inch laker and put it right back down and away it went again. This repeated 3 more times. I caught 5 in 15 minutes. Turned the boat around, (heading north now) put it back down and put the same thing on my other rigger. Went over the same area and nothing. Turned the boat around and headed south and caught 4. All lakers, same size but for me they only wanted a south troll. Haven't used that dodger and fly for at least 10 years. Glad I keep it on the boat.

Yup took me awhile to get going on Saturday too but I finally got them to stick. 200' copper was the big producer the last three days for me. I actually picked up my second landlocked today. It came on the same cheater spoon as Sunday but this time I doubled up with a laker on the main spoon, 1st time ever for me.

Ricbme - what's your boat look like? I'm sure we passed each other.

23ft Trophy Hardtop. 6 rod holders across the top. No Trophy lettering on the sides. Took them off and put on a lake trout chasing a sawbelly. Usually on ch.68.

All great reports, killing me! I took two weekends away for a vacation on the Left Coast and have missed some good fishing. This weekend, heading to Watkins for the six hour race on Saturday. But...next weekend...... on the water both days.

Congrats on the LL's Mike....they seem to be comming back a bit.

Dave