Cananadaguia/Hemlock 5.29 5.30 5.31

Cananadaguia 5.29

Had the pleasure of fishing with Laker Taker (Chuck) and his son...I mean the captain, Mitch. Launched out of the north end and made the run down the west side. Normal program, riggers, dipseys and the core. Had a nice steady pick of rainbows and a few lakers mixed in. Green/crome, pearl b, brass b, purple/chrome RR...etc, usual suspects. Ended up with 5 bows and 2 lakers, we did drop a few. I must say, I think Chuck is going to be bounced to the back of the boat, Mitch is one heck of a fisherman! Anyhoo...here's the pics. Overall 7 for 9ish

AftMJ.jpg

AfwgS.jpg

7lO_0.jpg

Hemlock 5.30

Late start this morning, didn't hit the water until 9. Pretty day!!! Fishing was a little slow. Set up with 2 riggers and 2 dipseys. Dispey goes first and it's a little small mouth. Then it's dead quiet for hours on end...threw the whole box at them! 5 minutes before giving up, saw a large fish on the surface behind the boat chasing bait...pulled a dispey and sent out a black/chrome/orange rouge out 150 feet flat line, 2 minutes later, wham! fish on. Good friend Dean had the honor of wrestling this fish. Pulled all the lines, had to go under the riggers with the rod/fish and 20 minutes later, a nice 28", 11 pound brownie finally hit the net. A few pics of that outing. Overall 2 for 2

7n2jr.jpg

Ahiwi.jpg

7n4OA.jpg

7n9NS.jpg

M55dA.jpg

Hemlock 5.31

On the water by 6 AM. Set up first rigger with green/chrome, setting up second rigger when 1st one went off. Grabbed rod and watch a 6 pound rainbow go 8 feet out of the water and spit the spoon...great start! Lost him. Fished for several hours with nothing, then finally picked up a good fish only to have him break off. Then landed some small lakers in the 3-4 pound range. Overall 2 for 5. Some of the other guys that I fish with did very nice this day, including a dandy rainbow and some nice lakers!

tBvli.jpg

M6F_i.jpg

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out so feel free Chuck to fill in the blanks!!

Cheers!

Hey Steve who is the Old Gray haired guy holding them bows from Canandaigua Lake.......... Goodlooking bows... I am hopeing to be fishing Canandaigua tomorrow for a few hours....... Dale

Holy Diver,

Sorry about that pic, I had shadows and the rainbow would not hold still! Can't wait to catch up with you out there. How did you do on the eye's in Conesus? I had a bit of a slow spring for them this year, but we'll get into them.

Dale,

I know...I could not get my head shaved before the weekend!!! Oh well, silver it is!!!

Good luck out there tomorrow, let me know how you do out there.

Thanks

Steve

Steve I'm in the same boat with the silver hairs.... My kids give me crap all the time.. I tell them you and your mother did this to me..... Any special lures knockem dead the other day... I have had good luck with black and green spoons, and black and purple spoons.... Dale

Well I can’t say it was my best year ever but it was steady managed a few every trip nothing over 10lb also put 4 tigers in the boat this year so I can’t complain. I would still be fishing over there but that cotton wood is nasty and makes for a lot of work to keep lines clean. so until we get some strong winds I will be elsewhere