Bass fishing St Lawrence and Ontario...

Curt7234

I'm new to the board and was hoping to get some information. I will be staying in Cape Vincent Next week and will be fishing the St Lawrence and Ontario....What are the rules governing bass fishing??? I am coming from Pennsylvania where we can fish for them on the river out of season but they must be put back....I throw everything back anyway except Walleyes. Can you Target Bass now? Also did I hear correctly there was a large license increase? Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thank You!

NYS does have a catch and release season using artifical lures only until 3rd sat in june.

Licence fees did go up but I dont know what the out of state fee is, you can call any nys baitshop that sells em to findout. Good luck on your trip.

NYS does have a catch and release season using artifical lures only until 3rd sat in june.

Licence fees did go up but I dont know what the out of state fee is, you can call any nys baitshop that sells em to findout. Good luck on your trip.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to it!

there is no catch and release bass season in st lawrence county which includes the st larry and lk O waters contiguous to it, so no bass fishing in cape vincent area of NYS water at all now. i know this for certain as i have called the DEC there to clarify some ambiguity in the regs book.

check out the TI bait shop on rte 12 just west of I81. you can get a canadian license and tell you about the canadian regs there.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png