Cayuga Long Point Saturday

Did 5 lakers and 2 small salmon. Two of th lakers were around 8 lbs. It wasn't a great day as far as fish count but it was a great day to be on the water.

Plenty of marks in the 150' range

As with the last few months everything seems to come of wire, the downriggers were silent again. Does anyone have an explanation? Wire seems to better downriggers consistantly.

Rumor has it that Strike 3 was going to be on the water today!!!!!

I believe wire dipsies have a particular vibrational signature not unlike downrigger hum, copper does the same thing whether it's " pulling copper" with Suttons or trolling with 600' of copper pulling a Spinny with a Hammer. Check out fishdoctor.com, Ernie Lantiegne rigs a Penn 360 with 600' of copper with a rod and "color codes" every hundred feet with crimps numbering the footage. Sweet rigs for a about $205 you could do it yourself but Ernie does it

for you and saves you the hassle. He is the fish doctor afterall, also anglers aboard his boat won Fall LOC '06 and Spring LOC '07, that's $40,000 in prize money he shared in. Damn he's good but here comes the Yankee Troller!!

stix , didnt think to run stuff that close ,do ya try this at all depths or just deep , this wknd on seneca everything was in the top 40 ft for us, kinda wierd got a laker in the propwash 15/15 more like 5ft down also had several lakers yes lakers do several jumps and runs would of bet the boat they were landlocks on the evening bite...hmmm dont think ive seen one of those sudus spoons ,course if you post a pic of it who knows what the heck we,ll be looking at ... dont tell yankee the first fish of the derby we caught was a 5+ brown that we carefully released 4lb something was on the board at the end. :$

I didnt fish the Seneca derby this year. Gas prices were the main reason.I have a economy car I drive back and forth to LO. How ever the yr. I caught the big laker in the Seneca derby it came off the top in 15fow.Off a sutton spoon . w/ 30lb test line.

It took awhile for me to figure it out but now I awalys run a lure in the propwash.Swing a rigger around so its right in the bubbles. I talked to Wildman Sat nite he put in a 3rd place fish this yr. Said they didnt catch as many as they usually do. They are deep water guys. I now wish I would have fished the derby after reading NO Clues post. I recognized the shoreline those fish were right up my alley.

If you can get the right surface temps. [i look for 50] and the suns not to bright the agressive lakers will be in the top 20 fow. You can go fast to cover a lot of water. Better yet if there is a bughatch going on the insides of their mouths will be loaded with small black spots where they are on top eating bugs. Look for swallows flying close to the surface.

Ive had lakers jump many times, thought I had the biggest rainbow in the lake. When they are on top and on the feed it a whole different ballgame.

The Sodus pt. buckeye. spoon is a Michigan Stinger .Brass and red /w some crinkle tape on it. Abes has em hanging on the wall or at least he did.

Ray as far as posting pictures I take with my camera I lost my camera download program . If I want to post a picture I have to burn a disk each time.

you wernt the only one that bailed i went past severn launch sunday maybe 10 trailers in lot usually lot is full and cars parked along side acess rd outa site up the hill, also south end was empty of boats with about 1 thousand baitfish balls with fish mixed in every where still a lot of ll near gleneldridge ...