Trout Derby

Had a great weekend with my dad as well as some pre-fishing with Jason and Home Office. We only had a slow pick but we had a lot of fun. I think we logged 30 hrs trolling and I'm ready to get right back out there! I met Double D, Justin, and BlueGhost on Saturday down to Sampson and had a good time talking fishin stories. I was happy to see that some of "our own" took some cash and trophies :yes: .

I thought we were in the money on Monday. I was driving the boat and the Dipsey-Diver on the wire rod screamed out 120 ft of line. (No Laker has ever done that). I thought we hooked a log or something. Well my Dad grabbed it and was afraid he’d lose it so he handed the rod to me. I had him turn the boat with the waves and felt the fish jerking his head…it definantly was a fish. I had to play him like a Salmon…pulling up slow and reeling down. After a half an hour I could see the fin and knew it was a fish. “We’re in the money dad!†I said. When he got closer I saw that we had him hooked in the back and were reeling him in sideways! He only weighed 8.5 lbs but he had us pretty excited to say the least!

-Jason

Nice to meet you Jason. Any time you are up my way and want to go get them out of the Oak let me know. Congrats to all the fellow LOU's that cashed in. We picked through them and ended up with a decent cooler but it was not like the other years. We did happen to catch more rainbows and landlocks than we ever have before and it was priceless to watch my boys reaction when that landlock spent more time out of the water than in it. As he was reeling in the next laker he was asking why this one wasn't jumping as much :lol: Gotta love it :yes: