Autopilot for outboard motor with hydraulic steering

stoutner

I have a 22' Trophy with a 125 HP Merc outboard. I do not have a kicker motor. I want to install an autopilot for trolling and was wondering who has any ideas on a reasonably inexpensive unit. I was hoping to spend less than $2000 for the unit and want something reasonably easy to install. The unit that I am leaning toward is the Sitex SP-70.

Most of the units under $2000 are for I/O units or mechanical steering. My boat has hydraulic steering.

Anyone running that Sitex unit? Anyone have any suggestions for another brand that I can use with hydraulic steering that costs less than $2000?

Wayne,.......This subject has been kicked around quite a bit last year and this year. Do a search on "autopilot" and you should find some pretty good info on doing exactly what you want to do. most of the stuff is in "This Old Boat" section, but it does show up in other areas.

Wayne

Contact Jim at www.boemarine.com and tell him about your boat and what you want to use the auto pilot for.

He sells most of the different brands (Sitex, Simrad, Raymarine, Garmin, Furuno) and will give you good advice. He has loads of experience setting up electronics and has some of the best pricing available.