cayuga 6-4

fished cayuga out of dean's cove today with my little ones and the fella next door. went 7-10, all being lakers. hot spoon today was the heavy sutton 88, silver/brass. also took fish on mt. dew spinnies with a green and yellow fly. a few other various spoons with flash were hit as well. the water in that area was very stained today. surface temp was around 70 degrees. do not know any down temp info because i still haven't replaced my sub-troll probe yet. whats the deal with the water color up there? it did clear up a little down near sheldrake. good luck to you guys going out this weekend, and good luck to you guys that are up fishing in the pro am this weekend.. :yes: -Dave

first post. been fishing cayuga for 15 years.. new to LOU, met Cowder 3 weeks ago at LP and said join LOU. so I did.

good stuff.

tonighjt fished from Don's

Marina north to franklin point. no mate so one arm paper hangar tonite. 6 lb laker, 3 lb brown, 7 wiggly shakees on the sliders all 15-16 inches,.. so real good fish time taken up cleaning off these rascals,...Sub T indicated 48 degree at 35 feet, with surface at 70. fast drop. bait showing up from 25 feet to 40 feet.

had a big salmon on but lost it. rod strsight up then down to the water bouncin like a jumpin bean, could not get there fast enuf while headin the boat out to fight the fish. laker took the black with red and white dots. when i fished with the north end basin group in the 90's out of Union Springs we called it ol faithfull. the brown took the slider green on green. hope to try ealry am tomorrow. I will browse franklin point then over to sheldrake. on 68 boat is J5.

Welcome to the board! Great post! :yes:

There are a bunch of great guys here and it's fun meeting other fishermen with the same disease....oops I mean passion! I got out with Stoutner last night and we had a lot of those 15-16 "wiggly shakees on the sliders". I'm sure he'll probably throw a post up here somewhere.

-Jason

Fished the extreme North end and took 1st laker in 37 feet. Ran all over all the way to long point with not much action. Went back to try the shallow north before going in. Caught 5 Lakers in 1/2 hour fishing 40 feet close to the bottom. No slobs but 4 to 6 lbs, time to smoke em!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

sat. 6/5 went out early off of franklin point and kept way too busy with the wigglers, then wind shifted and now the long point run south is starting to grass up so went in for the afternoon. intend to hit it ealry evening. i was docked at castellis for 7 years or so and fished that north end, ..we called it the basin, from the green can west to the silos over 40-60 feet down close, is a terrific run this time of year. never big lakers, but consistent nice size that you got.

anybody use or monitor a radio freq when fishing cayuga?

Think 68 is a good channel but not sure my radio works too good. Will try next time I'm out. Your right on with my several years experience hitting the basin. Anything. Over 8lbs is rare, think I can only recall my best to be a 10lb.

Suspect the deep water holds the bigger ones

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

sat. 6/5 went out early off of franklin point and kept way too busy with the wigglers, then wind shifted and now the long point run south is starting to grass up so went in for the afternoon. intend to hit it ealry evening. i was docked at castellis for 7 years or so and fished that north end, ..we called it the basin, from the green can west to the silos over 40-60 feet down close, is a terrific run this time of year. never big lakers, but consistent nice size that you got.

anybody use or monitor a radio freq when fishing cayuga?

Honoco, check your PM (private messages)