wellesley island in aug.

we have camp sites rite on the river . never fished it let alone been there . have all the tackle to target pike and was wonderin where to look for them . plan on runnin 4 rods . 25 ft of water that time of year along drop offs and weed lines trollin deep divers mabe .

Across the Thousand Islands bridge to Wellesley Island from Alexandria Bay, anglers will find a number of popular places for northern pike in the month of August.

I would start at Eel Bay and Lake of the Isles they are two public areas where anglers can go from the boat launch straight to decent fishing conditions. These waters are shallow with a sandy bottom and hold good quantities of perch and sunfish, which lure pike to the areas.Years ago we did best there tossing Johnson Silver Minnow Spoons and small bass size spinnerbaits in grey skirt with copper blades.If your not finding action in the flats work weedbed edges close to drop offs using stickbaits ,firetiger size 13 floating rapala is a good go to bait!

Those same 25 ft structure area's are best trolled at night with Depthraider Jtd in Sucker color for Muskies!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

http://www.mostlymuskies.com

having fished the thousand island region out of Alexandria Bay for 25 years, I suggest making sure you have a couple of the old traditional daredevil spoons in red and white and also green mepps spinners. These 2 baits have produced more pike action for me than any other. If your trolling program doesnt produce then go with a black bucktail jig tipped with a purple berkley gulp worm......sounds silly but believe me when the fish wont bite anything else this will trigger some strikes for ya.

good luck and let us know how you do!

the red ad white williams wabbler out on the flats in about 8-15 fow. consentrate on deeper spots on the flats such as depressions, slight channels or boulders. trolling neer high current funnel areas with structure with a large husky jerk will get you some pike and bass. consentrate on the shallower parts during the early mourning and the deeper parts during the higher sun. if fishing is tough, use a gulp worm on a small single hook crawler harness and drift in the current. youll limit right out on bass and perch.

We did our best on the edges of weedbeds adjacent to current on the front , backs & edges of Islands. We used R&W 1 oz daredevels & Mepps cyclops in chart silv, Somtimes I would put a 3 " white curly tail on the dredevel & it helped a lot . Also used 1/4 - 1/2 0z buctails in white, blk or brown. My buddy got a 50" musky on the daredevel once right out in front of the thousand island park on wellsly island by islands there. Drift close to the islands and fish as close as you can to the base of the weed walls.

This was a good read for me too, thanks for the info. We'll be up there next week, I was planning on leaving my trolling gear (line-counters, inline boards, worm harnesses) home. Maybe I shouldn't. I was looking forward to fishing with a good old spinning rod, though.