Musky Bob, Where's the Pics?

Shellback

My fishing buddy and I have been working on her for the past 2 days hooking up the Humminbird, transducer, vhf radio, and cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning. My girlfriiend is making privacy curtains for the cuddy. The ones in there were falling apart.

We took her to a local lake today for the maiden voyage to make sure everything was working OK and I was so excited and nervous I FORGOT THE %@ CAMERA.:evil: She purred along at gps speed of 2.7mph then 36mph @ wot. I'm waiting for my other buddy to finish up on the downrigger board he's making so I can get my riggers mounted. I still have to get pole holders for the sides and back and a bimini w/removable sides and drop curtain.

Thanks for asking. I'll take some pics in the driveway tomorrow and post them. ;)

"My girl friend is making privacy curtains for the cuddy cabin" Hey, I thought this was a fishing boat you bought? :shock: What's your fishing gear shy? LOL. Glad to hear everything is working out for you Bob.

is that your new rig or your old boat ,,,,, bob there ant even a rod holder let alone a downrigger ant even a pole in site, man i hope your GF didnt talk ya into pleasure boating maybe lavender with a splash on honeysuckle biege would cover up those manley colors on the outside of the boat dont force me to post a couple pics of a fishing boat ,,heck we dont even use a can we just pee on the deck and let it slosh around till it drains into the bilge , geesh curtins ,porta potty next thing youll be using tiolet paper to avoid wet spots i thought you were a retired street cleaner not a fashion designer .. been nice knowing ya bud enjoy the new ride .....jealousy rules Ray K.

is that your new rig or your old boat ,,,,, bob there ant even a rod holder let alone a downrigger ant even a pole in site, man i hope your GF didnt talk ya into pleasure boating maybe lavender with a splash on honeysuckle biege would cover up those manley colors on the outside of the boat dont force me to post a couple pics of a fishing boat ,,heck we dont even use a can we just pee on the deck and let it slosh around till it drains into the bilge , geesh curtins ,porta potty next thing youll be using tiolet paper to avoid wet spots i thought you were a retired street cleaner not a fashion designer .. been nice knowing ya bud enjoy the new ride .....jealousy rules Ray K.

You'll see all those things and more when I win the OSWEGO PRO AM. I'll take pics if you're too afraid to enter. :P

Thanks a lot for the comments guys. Hopefully I'll be up to Oswego tomorrow by 6AM. I'm waiting for a confirmation from my buddy who helped clean her up. I owe him big time. It would have taken me a month to do all the work myself. These ol bones don't move like they used to. We are gonna have to rely on 2 dipsys, a thumper, and a full core because I don't have my riggers mounted yet. I'll be able to see how the gas mileage is after a full day of trolling too.

If you happen to be up there, give a shout and say HI. Give me a lot of room though, I'm still learning how to maneuver this rig. :lol:

Thanks Al, I owe a debt of gratitude to quite a few members of this board that kept me motivated and also let me know when they saw something I might be interested in, especially in my price range (cheap). I received many PM's from them. Thanks a lot guys! Now let's go catch some fish. ;) I'll be out of Oswego tomorrow on 68 if anyone's around give a shout.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the rigger board w/lure box my buddy made, and 6 rodholders mounted. All I have left to do is mount a net holder and I think I'll be done for a while. I mounted my 2 manual Cannons, 2 rodholders on the rigger board and 2 on each gunnel. There are 5 rod stations in front of the doghouse you can't see, but I've got my wire rod standing in the middle one. Took her up to Oswego yesterday to try out the rigger setup and it worked just fine. Unfortunately the fish weren't cooperating but it was a good day on the water anyway. The fleas are starting to get pretty bad. Had to clear the lines about every half hour.

dcp_0628.jpg

dcp_0629.jpg

Sorry Ray, my girlfriend hasn't gotten around to making and putting up the curtains yet. :D